DAY 17-
My three children have each picked a day this week, that they were sick. Of course not on purpose, it just worked out that way. I knew it was coming my way, I could only hope that it wouldn't beings that there is nobody to help me out with the kids when I'm sick. When they are sick they have me. Well, when I went to bed last night, I weighed myself. Then went to bed. At 2:00 am, I woke up, let's just say "sick", and this continued for another 8 hours, every half hour. It was awful. This morning I had to send my kids downstairs to watch television, I could not get out of bed I was so sick. When I finally woke up I was curious, and weighed myself. I had lost 4lbs, from the entire episode. It was crazy.
When I finally was able to get up, and thought I was feeling better, I called my parents and talked to them. And the I called my in-laws. I really don't remember the last time I talked to them. But I did try calling them last night before everything happened, and then my mother-in law had returned my call while I was sick. So, I figured I needed to call them back. Like I said, I thought I was feeling better. Until I ate something small, then I had an upset stomach the rest of the day. Today was the first day in a long time that I spent most of the day on the couch unable to do anything. This was the day I really needed my husbands help. The kids only were sick for about an hour, I had it triple as bad from helping them out when they were sick.
We had big plans today that had to be cancelled. For two months I was looking forward to a Military Luncheon at Church. It was the first big thing planned since Josh left. I was so anxious last night before I went to bed. Then I got sick, and couldn't even go. My oldest had his first soccer game today, and I had made arrangements for him to be picked up and taken to his game. That got cancelled. I was even suppose to babysit tonight, but of course had to cancel that.
I think I'm finally feeling better now. It is 9:30 p.m and the kids and I still have to dye eggs, and then they are going to bed. We had to make a 7:00 p.m run to Walmart, which they were very busy. The kids never told me before that we are out of dog food. It is their job to feed the dog. And then I was going to just have cereal for dinner, and the milk was spoiled. Now it is time to go dye the eggs, and get them off to bed. I wanted my days to go by faster, and this one sure did, but it felt like a complete waste of a day. Not being able to get anything done. I need a day re-do, at least I can say, I'm another day closer to seeing my hubby....
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Sorry to hear you had such a crappy day! I hope today is better for you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter! I am still keeping ya'll in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you are feeling better. ((((hugs))))
Kickin'Kari- My day finally improved later that night, after it felt like a completely waste of day, :) Happy Easter to you as well, I hope you had a wonderful day with your family. Thank you for the encouraging words.
ReplyDelete~Alicia