My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Sunday, April 25, 2010

I use to like the sound of lawn mowers, but not anymore...

DAY 39-

Sometimes it is nice when your going to Church by yourself, because of having to drop of the children and then finding a seat for yourself, instead of having to look for more then one seat in a crowded Church. Service was great today. After service I talked to the Pastor about being Baptized when Josh is on his leave. I really want Josh to be here when I'm Baptized. My parents always left it up to me to get Baptized. But getting married at 18, having my first child at 19, and then living the Army life, I never knew when I should. The time is now, well, in a few months, but it will be here. And I cannot wait for my husband, and kids to share the moment with me.

Michael being the 8 year old he is, was listening to the conversation I was having with my mom about being Baptized. He thought it was today, and he thought he missed it. He wasn't to happy about that one. Until mommy explained it wasn't today, and that he is not suppose to listen to an adults conversation. So, I know that he would want to see my Baptized. Oh, thinking about this makes me excited. Not only that I officially accept, because I have always, and this just makes it official. But, it means Josh will be home for his "vacation home".

After Church we didn't do a whole lot when arriving home. The kids cleaned up the backyard some, thanks to the dog. I did some laundry. Today all day long you could here people mowing their lawns. I use to like the sound of lawn mowers, knowing it was spring/ or summer time. And when we were in Maryland, knowing that the lawn guys were on Fort, mowing everybody's grass. Or, when we owned our own house, meant some hot guy, a.k.a, my husband was behind the mower. And when we were in the house, if the hot guy wasn't around, such as his 3 prior deployments, my dad would come over and help me out. Umm, now I am now on my own. A little nervous about that. So, one day this week, when it is nice out (not sure if that is going to happen), when everybody else is at work, I will go and attempt to mow the lawn. Ha, this is going to be funny. That is why I'm mowing the grass when nobody is home. Can't say I ever mowed a lawn before. Oh, well, I will get it figured out, and report back to you on it, in a few days.

I made curry for dinner tonight. Mmmm, it is so good. At least 3 out of 4 of us had seconds. Johnathan ate most of his first, but didn't have seconds. We haven't had curry since, awhile before Josh left. We will definitely have it again.

Now, I am waiting, and waiting,and waiting for my final grade to come in one of my classes. They have 43 minutes to make their deadline. My classes finished one week ago, and they have one week, until midnight to get the grade in. I am getting frustrated. Does the teacher really have to wait until the last minute? I receive my other grade last Monday. The day after the class ended. So now it's tick tock, tick tock, waiting and waiting, and refreshing the page over and over again. Maybe I should just give up, and call in the morning if it doesn't show up. Oh, calls, those are always nice, hopefully soon, I will receive one of those from my handsome hubby. Goodnight everyone!!!

3 comments:

  1. i never mowed the grass till last summer when my Hubby was gone. It was awful tall and I had no choice! I was surprised by how easy it was to do. Our is a basic NOT self propelling kind so it was a lot of work pushing that thing around the yard. But it was still easy and I actually enjoyed it! LOL I am a weird one though.... Good luck getting your grass cut. Oh, could you call FRG and see if they can send over someone? I know the AF will. Before I got up the guts to do it myself I called them and a young airmen came running LOL He thanked me for getting him out of work on the flightline. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog from A Lady In Waiting's place. I'm impressed by your strength and courage in raising three kids while your husband is on deployment #4. Congratulations on your upcoming baptism. I'm sure that will be a special day. I have never mowed a lawn either...the very thought intimidates me. Good luck, girl!

    starspangledstockings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lady!
    Like the AF woman said, there may be someone the FRG can send, but if not, give me a yell. I'll come do it! If you need anything else, let me know, we'll be here awhile, and I thought your kids were adorable and very well behaved on the walk!

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.