My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Congratulations Kids, You walked your first Mile....

DAY 29-

Last night my husband made my night and called me. His voice can always make a not such of a great day, turn into an awesome day. Especially since it seems to be turning into every 4 days he calls. We got to talk for 33 minutes, I think that is a record for us out of all the 3 previous deployments also. He said he doesn't like to call as often because it is same stuff, different day going on, which makes him not have much to talk about. I just love hearing his voice though, and knowing he is safe. Yes, no news is good news, but hearing his voice is so much better then that. Now, I have another 3 days (since it was a day ago he called) to hear his voice again.

After Johnathan leaving on the bus, and then taking the kids to school I came home got on Face Book of course, and then cleaned house. When he came home from school Johnathan ran out to Chick-fil-A, about 20 minutes away from our house. The Wings For Women Military Conference, in which I am going to in the middle of May, was hosting a fundraiser at all the Chick-fil-A's here. Since I am going, and the lady that is in charge of it sponsored me for March Of Dimes, I wanted to support the fundraiser. Johnathan fell asleep on the way there, and all they way back. He typically does not take naps unless we are in the car. Then when we arrived home we ate, and mommy took a half hour nap while he was watching t.v.

When I woke up it was time to get the kids. I decided that since we walked a half of mile yesterday, we would add another half mile today to make it 1 mile. We are practicing for a March of Dimes, in 8 days. Don't worry, you still have 8 days to sponsor me, and all the money goes to babies that are pre-mature, or have other health issues that need to be taken care of. It is a great cause.

So, right after they got off the bus, we decided to take our walk. It took us 22 minutes to walk one mile. But that was with a 6 and 8 year old walking with me, and pushing Johnathan in the stroller. The kids did a good job. Besides Michael complaining after the first half mile of his lungs hurting, and then Elizabeth falling behind for checking things out, then would run to catch up. She didn't even seem tire the entire time. She definitely has her daddy's athletic genes in that way. Tomorrow we will be adding another half of mile, and continuing this until next week so they wont be as tired. So, wish us luck. We are doing it for a good cause. We are in training.

After we arrived home it was time to make our traditional Thursday meal of Top Ramon and a half of sandwich. Because Michael has soccer practice for an hour, and then a half hour to get to his wrestling practice. So he did a lot today. But, I am very proud of him because he didn't complain about either of those. He did a great job!

After wrestling practice we had to run to Walmart because I forgot to get Elizabeth's lunch for her field trip tomorrow. So, the three kids ran in to get this, by the time wrestling was over it was after 8. Wrestling is from 7-8 p.m. Already past the kids bed time. Then on the way home we stopped for gas.

First thing when we arrived home Michael took a bath, and then all the kids went to bed. Then it was time for mommy to work on her online classes. Sunday is my last day of my first two classes. This is my 9th week of classes. Next week on to some more.
Now it is time to go to bed, get some rest, and start another busy day all over again in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. I've just started following your blog. You really have your hands full - being a Mom is the hardest job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for phone calls.
    Btw, I just babysat three kids for just TWO days and it was exhausting. I am in awe of you - it must be really hard doing it all on your own. You're the bomb{dot}com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee- I'm glad you found me. Thanks for becoming a follower, :)

    Ashleigh- I can see it being very hard when your watching someone else's kids, :) Your not use to them being around. Thank you though, we do have our good days, and we have our bad days. Today was a great day. I'm still counting down the days though until my husband is home to help me with our kids. :)

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.