DAY 20-
It drives me crazy when I'm not able to talk to my hubby. He just doesn't understand because he is a man, and he is busy where he is. It is lonely being the only adult around with 3 kids. The only people I'm really able to talk to are on the phone. So, that especially makes me want to hear his voice, even though I do anyways. Well, I got to talk to him for the longest time today, no cut off, yes! 25 minutes 29 seconds, and it will probably be a few days until I hear his voice again. But, at least that was a lot longer then 4 minutes. I was having a rough day today missing him. So that call made me feel a lot better, in which means I can enjoy my oldest sons Birthday tomorrow. Shoot, I better go put up his few decorations so he can see those in the morning. Speaking of my sons birthday, and my hubby, My husband had me wake our oldest up to wish him a Happy Birthday. He probably won't remember in the morning though, poor boy sleeps like a rock!
I went to Bible study this morning. The discussion part of it was great. And then it was over, and everyone split into their little groups of friends and started talking, and guess what, I had no one to talk to. Everybody was to busy with their conversation. So, I left. And I doubt anyone probably noticed. Since I had extra time before Johnathan came off the bus, I ran to get a coffee. It was just one of those blah, not great at all days, and I needed a pick me up. After getting Johnathan from the bus in front of the house, I was really in no mood to do my online classes, but forced myself to work on one. And I really didn't want to clean. Is it so wrong of me to miss my husband? At least in 10 days we can say he has been gone for a month, and then we can say we will see him in 5 months for his R and R. Hopefully things will start going by faster then. For now, they just stink. I'm just sick of having my husband go away on deployments, especially being the 4th one. I wish he was here so we could be a family together, not a family apart.
Tonight was Michael's first soccer game. He missed Saturdays since I was sick. So, it was his first. I felt so bad because I was so miserable in the cold, very windy weather that I could not enjoy his game. The weather was so horrible, something you wouldn't want to be in, let alone for a whole hour. I felt bad, but was ready for his game to be over. I took the camera, but my hands were so frozen, and blue that I could not take any pictures. So, I hope the weather is not so bad on Saturdays game. The sad thing is we were looking forward to it, but it was just a horrible experience.
Well, I can get off here feeling in a better mood then before, It just stinks being separated from my husband. But thankful I was able to hear his voice....
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Yay, so happy you got to talk to him today! Hope your son's birthday goes well tomorrow! We are coming up on our one month mark too, and I'm crossing my fingers that time starts rolling by quicker. I've heard the first month is the hardest.
ReplyDeleteThis is so crazy - I was wondering if our husbands were on similar orders but then saw that yours is in Iraq. My husband returned from a two month school only to learn three days later that he was headed to Afghanistan for a year. He was gone in less than a week. There are so many similarities in our story. This is also our 4th deployment and we also have 3 children. And by your count we are on nearly the exact same schedule.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure how any of this is to make you feel any better except perhaps the old adage "misery loves company". Should you ever need to vent to another in similar shoes - please feel free.
I am also blogging our deployment. This blogging thing is new to me, but it has been therapeutic. Much love and thanks to you and yours.
Leigh
vleighv@gmail.com
www.365alloveragain.blogspot.com
I'm sorry you had a bad day. I'm glad you got to talk for so long. ;) I wish I could come keep you company and be that friend that comes over to help carry things through and holds it all together when things get hard for you.
ReplyDeleteKeep your chin up darlin.
Ashleigh- I was so happy after talking to him, instantly I felt so much better. My son's birthday did go well, thank you. It is all in my blog from today, :) I really do hope after we pass the 1 month mark it does speed up, and I hope the same for you too.
ReplyDeleteLeigh- The Military does crazy things like that, it is to bad your husband had to leave so soon after schooling. Good luck with everything. It is neat that we have all of the similarities, if you need anyone to talk to or have questions, just leave me a comment, or email me and I will respond. I will check out your blog, it has also helped me to blog also.
Kickin'Kari- My day did stink, lol, but hearing my husbands voice made everything so much better. It would be great if you lived closer so we could hang out. Thank you for your kind words.
~Alicia