My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Monday, April 26, 2010

Our Vacation back to the State we are from. is ONE MONTH away!!!!

Day 40-

Yay, Just one month until the kids get on the airplane and take their first flight, back to the state where they were born. Only for two weeks, and then we come right back here. I cannot wait to see my parents, friends, family, and Josh's parents. We have not seen Josh's parents in 2 years, since we moved from Washington State. So, it is going to be a fun time for us. Hopefully this time until then goes by fast! Only bad thing is, that it means, it's the start of the summer. We are leaving right after summer break begins. Then that means mommy has them for a couple months. Thankfully summer break is starting with our family.

Today after Johnathan got on the bus, and after taking the older two to school, I decided to go on a run. For those of you that know me really well, this is not like me. I do not run, never have, now I am trying. I may have not done well today, not well at all. But, you have to have a starting point, and push yourself from that point. Today I ran a half of a half mile. I know, not much, but it is a start. And each day I will push myself more. Between walking, and running, it took me 9 minutes 27 seconds to get home from that half of mile. I am out of shape. Each day I will continue to push myself harder. After my run, I came home and took a nap. I always here from people how they have so much more energy after working out. Not me, I was exhausted, and a little bored. It gets a little lonely with out anybody here for 3 hours. Yes it is a nice break, and I have lot's to do, but yes it is lonely. Then it was time for Johnathan to get off the bus, and have lunch.

When the older two got home from school it was time to make dinner, about a half hour after they arrived home. Tonight I made Nachos. The kind my hubby taught me to make. You cook the meat, add the seasoning. Well, I thought we had the seasoning, we always have tacos, and always usually have seasoning on hand. Guess I should have looked before. I cooked the meat, then realized, no seasoning. Just great. My back up plan was a fajita packet we had, it was for chicken, and to be cooked on the BBQ. I made it work though. After cooking the meat, I put the chips on the pan, added meat on top, then shredded cheese, and put them in the oven for about 7 minutes. The kids loved them.


Then it was time to hurry up and eat. During this time I was washing Michael's uniform. I know last minute, oh well. It was finally dry for him to put on, and time to head out the door for his 5:30 game. We were running late, so I would have to let him run up to the field by himself when we got there. As I was driving, and we were almost there, I looked at the clock, thought for a second, and realized his game was at 6:30 p.m. We were not a few minutes late, we were an hour early! I guess I just got use to 5:30 p.m practice. So, the kids played on the playground for an hour. They have been bugging me to do this every time Michael has had a game.

Then Michael's game started. The other team seemed like they had enough players to make 2 teams, they were able to switch their players off and on several times. Our poor boys and girls just had enough players, and our player had to play the entire game with out any back up. Pretty funny, we were playing a team from our own school. And then they won. Our boys and girls did good though, not being able to have that break. Poor kids were tired, and should sleep well tonight.

When we arrived home it was bath time, Prayer time, and then bedtime. Now, I am waiting for the phone call from my hubby. He left me a message on Facebook this morning saying he would call. It has been 5 days since I last heard his voice. I cannot wait!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for starting out running! I have been inspired by how tired I was after that 5 mile walk!

    That's so funny that you saw me! You totally should have said Hi!

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.