DAY 26-
I drove Josh's truck today, for the 2nd time, go me! I took the kids to school, so, it wasn't that far but far enough. And then I came home, washed some laundry, folded it put it away, and got online. That is until Johnathan's bus came back home.
When Johnathan got home we ran to the PX on post. I had to cash a check, and then we needed to run to the commissary to pick up a few groceries. We were only gone about an hour and a half, which was a good thing because we had a late start. Upon arriving home, it was time to clean up the house until Michael and Elizabeth got off the bus.
When they got off the bus, I started to make dinner. We were having breakfast for dinner, eggs, sausage, and hash browns. And the kids ate dinner in their pajamas because we were going to watch the Play "Nate The Great". I remember reading this story to the kids at the beginning of the year, so it was great having an idea of what was coming next.
We were given the opportunity by Imagination Celebration, which is one of our favorite places. We had an amazing time from beginning until the end. We arrived at 6 p.m for craft time. They had tables set up with crafts that the kids could do. It was fun. They also gave out a "play book" at the door with more information, and a place to get autographs.
During the time of doing the crafts at the table, the kids had to go to the bathroom, of course. So Michael went into the boys restroom because he is getting older, and I took Johnathan and Elizabeth into the handi-cap stall. I went in, closed and locked the door. Then she told me that she didn't have to go. At this time Johnathan was messing with the toilet paper, and Elizabeth was screaming because he was doing this. Not sure why, I just knew I wanted to get out of the bathroom as fast as possible. Problem was, that bathroom door was not going to un-lock, no matter what. Trust me I tried. So, I told Elizabeth to first climb under the door, and then Johnathan. Then I passed my purse and Johnathan's diaper bag to them. I was so embarrassed. Now, it was time for mommy to practice the Army Low Crawl. It was good thing I am not bigger then some children because there wasn't much room under that bathroom door and I had to low crawl under it. I was afraid that somebody would stand there laughing. But the lady standing outside 2 doors down didn't even seem to notice. I told another lady that was a worker there, and she laughed a little, and just said they should just leave it so no one else has that happen to them. I guess it was another thing to remember, and be embarrassed about tonight. I think I must have "please crazy situations happen to me" stamped on my forehead.
After that happened we went upstairs where they had some other stuff going on. Little Gym was there, and were letting the kids do a little tumbling with help. My kids also really enjoyed that, and did not want to leave. But then the lights started flashing off and on (at first I was thinking great, the power was going out) I found out that meant the show was about to start. The kids and I had to use the elevator and go back downstairs to our seats. We had really good seats. It was a great family show, and the kids were better behaved during the show then what I thought they would be. The 3 actors, and 2 actress are from New York, and did a great job with the play.
After the Play "Nate The Great" was over they had cookies and milk, or orange juice for all the kids. And an autograph session with the actors and actresses. We were in line for awhile to get autographs, but then I decided the younger two were not behaving so, we left. It was something Michael wanted to do though. Then we came home, and the kids went to bed.
It was an awesome, fun experience for the kids and I. They had never experienced anything like this before. We really appreciate Imagination Celebration for giving us the chance to experience it. What a wonderful way to help the day pass by in a great way, and here we are another day closer to seeing Josh.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
I got locked in the bathroom in Turkey. It took forever for someone to come find me and let me out lol.
ReplyDeletejohnny's angel- Wow, I think I would have been scared in that situation, feeling trapped. Thankfully I fit under the door, or else I probably would have been scared. But, things thankfully worked out for me. It is a good thing they finally found you.
ReplyDelete~Alicia