
Hey everyone, I am participating in the MilSpouse Blog Hop,
hosted by, Riding the Roller Coaster.
My name is Alicia, I am an ARMY WIFE, and mother of three children, 2 boys a one girl, ages, 8, 6 (tomorrow), and 3. My husband is currently on his 4th deployment to Iraq. We just moved to Colorado in December, and he deployed in March. My blog is what it is like to raise 3 children, in a new place, while he is on his 4th deployment. It will take you through our daily lives back home waiting for him, good and bad, join the crazy ride and become a follower!
My husband and I have been married for 8.5 years. We met in High School, our Senior Year, and dated the entire Senior year. We then got married 3 months after Graduating, September 29th, 2001. He then left for Basic training 2 weeks after we were married. I have been an Army Wife the entire marriage. And I am VERY PROUD, of my Soldier!!!
Today my oldest son had his second to last soccer game. It was at 10 a.m, and was a beautiful day. Today was my day to bring drinks, but because of my crazy day yesterday, and yesterday being pay day. I had not bought them yet. So, here today at 9:40 a.m, once I was able to get all three kids out of the house, we were running into Walmart to buy drinks, batteries for my camera, and something to eat for me. We barely made the start of the game. But were okay. Today, the team only had one back up player. And again, the other team had several. So, our poor little players had to play almost the entire time. They all probably slept well tonight.
After the game we ran back to Walmart. I needed to buy some other things, such as Mother's Day cards, and stuff for my husbands care package. When I finished picking out Mother's day cards, and was leaving from the aisle, my oldest son said, "Mommy we want to buy you a Mother's day card", I in no way made him, or anything. I told him, that was okay, mommy didn't need one, but he really wanted to. So, I told him, I would stand at the end of the aisle, while they all agreed on one. And that they shouldn't show me until Mother's day. So, they did. Then it was off to get stuff for the care package. In which, I will not say what I bought on here, just in case my husband reads this. I like to leave his care packages a surprise for him. That way he has something to look forward to.
While leaving Walmart, a Church was having a bake sale. I felt bad, we already passed them up 3 times today. So, I had only $2.00 cash, and was going to donate to them. My kids saw all the great treats on the table and wanted to take them all. I knew that I had $2.00, and was trying to get them to get something small. They ended up giving us 6 cupcakes, I really felt bad, and told them that was okay, because that was the only cash I had. They let us have them anyways. I also knew that we just bought cake, and ice cream for tomorrow, when it's my daughters 6th birthday.
When we came home we at a sandwich I bought at Walmart. One of the bigger ones, that you cut up and serve. My husband likes to buy these. And we ate potato salad. It was a good lunch. Then I took a nap. I was tired. Not much else happened today, but I know tomorrow is going to be a very busy day. I will let everyone know what were doing in tomorrows blog. Until then, stay safe my handsome husband! We love and miss you with all of our hearts, minds, bodies, and souls!
Thanks for linking up on the blop hop! I hope you're meeting some of the great mil spouses out there. Wow, 4th deployment! Hang in there. It's so nice to meet you, and I look forward to reading more about you!
ReplyDeleteWife on the Roller Coaster
Found you via the bloghop! My husband is about ready for a deployment in June, and I love your layout! I might give it a go (the "day" layout). I hope you don't mind! I look forward to reading more!
ReplyDelete