DAY 52-
I really didn't want to get up out of my nice warm, comfortable bed this morning. Or, it was holding me hostage. One of the two. So, I slept in some. Then when I woke up, I made me some coffee, got dressed, and got Johnathan dressed.
We were off to Michael's last soccer game. It was a great game. They won 5-1. Michael played goalie some, and did an awesome job. After the game a dad/ or grandpa of one of the players (really not sure which one he was), gave all the players one dollar. I thought that was very nice. Then all the players sat down and received their medal, and a certificate.
After the game we came home and ate a late lunch outside. We had a half of a tuna fish sandwich, with grapes, strawberries and chips. Then I changed my clothes and went out to wash Josh's truck. I had brought play doh, and side walk chalk, and some other things to keep the kids busy out front. His truck was so hard to wash. I'm only 5'3, so things don't come as easy to me as my husband who is 6'3. I opened the doors and stood at the side of the seats, with one hand holding on for dear life, and the other cleaning the top. I was so afraid I was going to fall off and break a bone. But, I made it safely. And the neighbors who saw me were probably laughing cause I probably looked pretty ridiculous. Well, and least the truck is nice and clean.
Then it was time to wash my SUV, which is typically hard for me also. But, after washing Josh's truck, the SUV was a piece of cake. Mmm, now cake sounds good. Anyways, I didn't clean the insides today because the outsides of the vehicles were looking pretty dirty, and I just wanted to get that done.
After cleaning the truck, and my SUV, I then came inside and washed our 73lb dog, in the bathtub in the basement. He was not going for it at first. I took off his collar, soon realizing, I wouldn't have anything to grab on him to get him in the tub. So, I put it back on him. Then I grabbed the collar, and pulled him towards the tub, well, at least tried. He put on his brakes. I had to use all of my strength, and then some to put his front paws on the tub, and the get his back ones in. Really, I have no clue how I managed that, he is a strong boy. When he got in he was shaking because he was scared. But, thankfully he did good after, and was patient with me. I have never had to give a dog a bath, this was a new experience for me. I was having trouble getting the soap off him, and so I even had to turn the shower on. I was so afraid he would get out and try and run, but I knew it had to be done. He did good, and got a treat after.
Then tonight I gave two of my children baths. I think I'm done cleaning vehicles, my dog, and children for a few days. That was a lot of work!
Tonight when I was starting to write this blog, I got a call from Josh. I was so excited to hear his voice, it has been 6 days since I have talked to him. We got to talk for 21 minutes.He has been busy on missions and such. It is always great hearing his voice, and I had a lot to talk about. Like telling him I cleaned his truck, in which he told me, even it is hard for him sometimes to clean it. Now I don't feel so bad. I hadn't even had the chance until tonight to tell him I had seen a civilian Dr.about my growth, and that I have a cat scan on Monday morning.
Some ladies don't mind the break away from their husbands while they are deployed. Thinking that they can get things done, or do what they want. But, for me, I hate it. I really want my husband home with us. I miss him tons. Yes, there are sometimes I would like a "break", I won't lie about that one, but not for a year, maybe a guys night out for him (or girls night out for me), and then I would be good. I just miss spending quality time with him, and having him here home with us. I miss you Josh, I hope these next few months fly by...
No comments:
Post a Comment