DAY 69- (Not such a great number, maybe that is why it was a strange day!)
Today while Michael and Elizabeth were at their last day of school for 3 hours we were having repairs done. Again, it was completely left up to Elizabeth to go to school. And she wanted to. But that is probably because they were taking a present to their teachers. Something small, a note pad, pen, paper clip things and a card. They were just having an Assembly today.
When they got home, the repairs were finished for the day, not long after. They will be back here to fix them in 2 weeks, after we get home from vacation. We fly out Wednesday night. Were so excited.
Today I went to Fort to try and get a sticker from Fort for the car. I first almost was turned around at the gate when I asked for directions to the place. He thought my sticker was already expired. I said, I thought it expired in June. So, he told me the location, and not the directions. I was trying to drive around and figure it out. Finally I found the spot. Well, I could see it at least. I was stuck on Fort though. They closed all gates in and out. I was stuck with a ton of cars around and a closed gate, with the place I needed to be just on the other side. We waited 10 minutes, then we heard MP'S. We waited another 10 minutes, and they finally decided to let us out. Every car was stopped and searched and we had to show our Military I.D's while EXITING the gate. Apparently, When I was asking about why we were being searched going out of the gate, the guard said a 1 and 2 year old child were missing. Hopefully they were found safe and sound.
We arrived at our destination. I was getting my registration, Power of Attorney, I.D card, and looking for my insurance card. Crap, the one I had was expired the end of last month. So, it ended up being a waste of trip. We did go to the PX after to cash a check, but we wouldn't have been caught in the crazy situation.
So, when we arrived home I finished packing for our flight. It is all ready to go. Now just a few things to do around the house before we fly out tomorrow night. I cannot wait. I still miss my husband though, and it still won't make it any easier since we are flying back to the state we met. I hope these next few months go by fast so that I can see him. I miss him tons.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
I hope you and the young ones have a terrific trip!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a crazy day. Have a great vacation!
ReplyDelete