DAY 71-
If it isn't hard enough that I'm away from the man I love, If it wasn't hard enough when our trip was canceled yesterday until Saturday after being all checked into the airport and ready to go, it sure made it hard today when Elizabeth was sick!
I really didn't feel like doing anything today. I was not suppose to be waking up in Colorado, we were suppose to be waking up in my parents house, (in which I have never been to because they moved since we moved 2 years ago). I was suppose to be with my parents, with them helping me out. And we were suppose to leave tomorrow on Friday to head to Oregon. But no, everything was changed. Yesterday was a beautiful day. Apparently not long before our flight was suppose to leave, the weather in Denver turned horrible. There were tornadoes, and hail the size of golf balls. And then since our flight was canceled, and there are 4 of us, the next flight was not until Saturday night! Ugh, I wanted to scream and cry at the same time. The kids were throwing temper tantrums, and crying when I told them, as we were sitting at the gate, waiting for the plane to pull up, that it was cancelled, and we had to go home. This meant I had to call our neighbor to come pick us up. I didn't have the number to the lady that dropped us off, and she had the car seats. Oh well, we made it home safely.
Yesterday when we were leaving for vacation, my house was so nice and clean. Leave it to my kids, when I don't want to be here right now, to destroy it and make it such a mess. So, tomorrow, before we leave for our vacation, yet again, I have to re-clean the house!
I had called a total of 4 times to the airline, trying to get an earlier flight. They were booked, it was not possible at all. Finally, my parents had called to see about the return flight. Good things come to those that wait, well we have extended our vacation 2 weeks, and will be home almost a month! Which is what my parents originally wanted. My in-laws also, they were going to come out here and visit us in July, but it's not going to work out anymore. So, it all works out for us, and we are keeping our Saturday flight. I just have to go through the process of checking in bags, security check, and dealing with kids that don't want to listen, alone, AGAIN! It will all work out, when we can get to my parents house and see them.
So, here we are at our house, having a count down again, until we can fly out. Thinking of, missing and loving my husband.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Ew, god. I hope that crap gets figured out soon. It sounds like a lot of NOT fun adventure type stuff :(
ReplyDeleteUghhhh... dang weather ruins everything. It will all work out.
ReplyDelete