My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Wings for Women Military Spouse Conference...

DAY 59-

Today, like any other day, which it seems to be a tradition when my husband is gone, something always has to go wrong. What was it today you ask? Well, today I set the alarm for 5:45 a.m, I needed to get up, and get the kids and I ready, and head out the door at 6:45 a.m. Well, guess what, the alarm didn't go off, and I woke up on my own at 6:43. Wonderful I thought. Thankfully the Wings for Women Military Conference didn't start until 8. But still, I was rushing around getting the kids ready, and myself. And then getting cereal put in baggies to go. I then had to climb the ladder in my heels in order to plug the garage thing back in, pull the car out, then go back in close the garage door, and unplug it!

I was trying to hurry up and get to our destination. I was driving safely. But, all of a sudden I hear from the back, back seat, "Mommy, are we entering in a Race??"
I thought it was so funny, I had to laugh at myself. But, really, no, mommy was not going that fast, Elizabeth.

We made it safely to our destination, and I thought I would be the last parent to drop the kids off. I walk into the room, and no other kids have arrived yet. Even though we were 45 minutes late by this time, (to the 7:00 a.m time I wanted to arrive, and when the childcare opened) we were still the first ones. As I was walking to the meeting room, other parents were then arriving with their children.

Even after arriving at that time, I still had time to grab a bite to eat (the kids were eating when I left). Then the conference for today started. They gave away door prizes, I was not a lucky one this conference, maybe next time. But, the ladies that did win got great things such as, a free massage (sounds so nice), a purse organizer thing, and the grand prize was either a 1 or 2 night stay, and the place the conference was being held. (I don't remember how many days it was). For this one, I was silently saying, please be me over and over again to myself. This would have been great for Josh and I over his R and R. Oh well, it wasn't meant for us, and God knows that the person that did get this one, really needs it. Many other prizes were also given out, to many to list.

We had Christian Worship singers also. They did and amazing job singing. The singer to waste time at the very end of the day broke out in a rap so, it was great, and very funny.

Today we also had what they call are break out workshops. Which are smaller groups talking about everything from finances, to surviving deployment, marriage, to children. I learned a lot of great things today, from the break out sessions, and the over all experience today. I also got to meet a few new nice ladies. And I also knew two ladies, one in charge of our Military Ministry at Church, and one from a facebook group I was on.

We had a great lunch today also. I hadn't ate that much for lunch in awhile. We had a salad, then lasagna, with a piece of bread, and then dessert. The food was so delicious. And I sure was full. But it was all worth it. At different times they would have snacks also set up, like fruits, vegetables, and brownies and have juice to drink.

Some more keynote speakers spoke in the regular part of the conference, such as about Prayer, how to live a delicious life, and how to get help for the soldier with possible PTSD, or family members that might need the help. A big thing was to avoid suicide with the soldier from all of the traumatic things the soldier has been through.

I cannot wait until next years conference, if you have any questions about the Wings for Women Military Conference, in which they are trying to expand to other places, just email me. They are also on facebook.

While coming home, Johnathan started choking. I was trying to get off the road as safely, and as soon a possible. I even turned into a driveway that was going out instead of in, so I could hop out and take care of him. Thankfully, I got everything taken care of, and gave him so water to drink, and he was okay. But, I was scared for a couple minutes, until I could find that spot to pullover.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I was there, and now that I look at your picture again, I recognize you! I talked with you before everything started in the morning. Wow, I wish I had realized it was you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABW-

    Yes that was me, I remember talking to you, plus the other two ladies in the morning. How cool is that! What a small World!

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.