My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Thursday, May 6, 2010

National Day Of Prayer, an amazing experience...

DAY 50-

Today was another one of those busy days. One thing right after another, first Johnathan on the bus, then dropping the other two off at school while driving the truck. Then it was time to run home and make the shopping list to go to the commissary.

While at the commissary I had a budget of course. I spent $40 dollars less then my budget for food for 8 days. I was proud of myself. This time I included fruits, such as bananas, oranges, strawberries, and grapes. I sometimes pass these up because they are a little more expensive, and I can't usually buy them on my budget. This time, I was like, I will try it and see if my budget allows. And my budget did, somehow. I had my calculator the entire time, adding up every last item I put in my cart. I did good, and was proud of myself.

I left the commissary with what I thought was 25 minutes to spare, by the time Johnathan got home from the school on the bus. As soon as I arrived home I was literally running back and forth from the car, to the kitchen putting cold stuff away. Then Johnathan's bus arrived 5 minutes early. I finished the last couple of bags up, and put those things away right after he arrive home. Then I put Johnathan in the car.

We were off to National Day of Prayer at our Church, it was at noon. This was a really neat, first experience for me. We were outside one a beautiful warm day, with a slight breeze. Well, we started inside first where they sang a song, "Blessed be your name". It sounded great, and when the song was over the crowd of about 25 people went outside. They have different "gates" outside. I was always curious what the 9 of them were. Today I found out. As a group we went around to each gate and Prayed for different things such as local, and national government. The Military, in which they had everybody stand in a circle, and say one persons name that they knew was in the Military. Of course, I ended up being the only spouse, with my 3 year old son there. I lifted up my husband Josh's name to protect over him and keep him safe, along with the other soldiers. Everyone Else's were just people they knew, such as neighbors. I really had to stop myself from tearing up at this gate.

Some other gates were education, Church, and family. While at the family one they had everyone link arms because we are a Church family. Johnathan apparently didn't like this. I was linked up with the lady to my left, while holding his hand to my right, and linked up with a lady. He removed the ladies arm from mine. I have no clue why, makes me wonder what my little 3 year old was thinking. At the last gate they had Praise, in which they ended with an Amazing song, on a gorgeous day outside, It was "Forever". It was just a wonderful experience, that I am glad we didn't miss.

When that was over we came home, ate lunch, and waited for the other two to come home. As I was waiting for them, I was putting Josh's two care packages together. I sent them in the standard rate shipping boxes, and one wasn't quite enough room. After the kids arrive home from school we drove Josh's truck and ran those to the post office. No matter how many times I told the kids to stop, and sit on the bench, they of course wouldn't listen. I was so ready to check out. While waiting in line I notice another lady with 3 boxes, I thought, probably care packages. I asked her, she said yes. And we both noticed it was going to the same place.

Finally, it was time to check out. Thank goodness, before I lost my mind. But, of course the kids finally decided to stand beside me. The guy at the counter was very friendly. He had a cart behind him filled with care packages. I actually asked him, I saw the similar boxes, and he said it was care packages, they get tons all of the time.

When we were leaving, he said the nicest words, he told me, "Your doing a good job", relating to taking care of the 3 kids. That was very nice.

We then hurried home, I heated up left overs from our Cinco De Mayo, burritos last night. Ate really fast, and we were off to Michael's last soccer practice. His soccer practice ended up ending 20 minutes early. Michael said because some of the kids weren't listening. I have a feeling, "some of those kids", included him.

I was going to take the kids back to Church today for the 6:30 p.m National Day of Prayer one. Instead I decided against it because it was starting to get windy, and cold, and looked like it was going to storm. I wanted them to be a be able and experience it, but thought it wouldn't be a good experience for them in that weather.

I just want to end this post today, on National Day Of Prayer,father God that my husband continues to remain safe and out of harms way, and that he knows how much we truly love and miss him, and also for the other soldiers to stay safe and out of harms, way, and that we not forget those that are left behind praying for their soldier, (or any other Military person), AMEN

2 comments:

  1. Hi I love your blog! Head on over to my blog please I have an award for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a good job, a great job. I thought I stayed busy while my husband was deployed but I got nothing on you. ;)

    I need to start bring a calculator to the grocery store with me.

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.