DAY 62-
Today has been the two months since I last saw my husband entering the door, and I last saw his back. That was the last thing I remember of the day. Two months with out my husband, being able to hold and have him in my arms. It has been 2 months since I have been able to look into my husbands eyes, and grab his hands. I miss him dearly. Already I'm ready, 2 months in, for this deployment to be done. I hate that they are keeping my husband so busy, that It is days until I hear his voice. I miss having him around. Being able to watch movies or t.v with him after the kids go to bed. That after I shut the door to their rooms, I can look down and see him sitting on the couch waiting for me.
But yet, with this long two months that have gone by, two months of the deployment are done. Behind us, that we never have to worry about those two months again. We are two months closer to having him here with us again. And I cannot wait until more time passes by, and he is here with us. I'm still taking it one day at a time, but yet counting down every single day until I can see him again!
Today, getting through another day without him, Johnathan was off to his last day of Pre School, for this school year, on his last bus ride to school. Then I took the older two to school. After I dropped them off I ran to Walmart I needed to get Strawberries, because Johnathan was having a luau at school.
When I was driving home from Walmart, I heard a familiar ring tone. Every time that Josh has called from the odd numbers they use, and he calls my cellphone, I save it under his name on my phone. So, as I was driving, I heard his motorcycle ring tone, looked at my phone, and saw his face. This touched my heart dearly. Even though I have been saving these numbers in my cellphone, whenever he calls, he usually calls the house phone instead. This was the first time that I had heard his ring tone and saw his face appear on my phone in 2 months. Since he was actually here, and able to use his own cellphone. It made my day. Especially not being able to talk to him for a week. We were able to talk for 20 minutes, then he needed to get off and eat. But, the 20 minutes meant a lot to me. Especially not knowing when I will be able to talk to him again.
After we were done talking I was off to Johnathan's preschool for the last day. They had a LUAU. The kids were able to eat things such as, strawberries, lunch meat, cookies, cupcakes, rolls, etc.. Then they went to 4 different classrooms, in which each classroom, had 2 games in it. After each classroom they got a prize. We then went outside to play for a little bit. I was so afraid he would throw a temper tantrum to leave. For awhile he was playing with a tractor nicely, and then disappeared. I looked up, and he was heading to the gate, ready to leave. I just followed his lead. I was also in shock though that he was ready to go, when all of the other kids were still playing. Then it was time for him to say goodbye to his teacher, he only had a month and a half, and then we left.
I took him home, instead of him riding the afternoon bus, since I was at the school. When we arrived home, and I was carrying some stuff in, I heard his bus. Next thing, I looked up, and his bus was turning on our court. Johnathan is the only child on our Court that rides that bus. They stopped by our house because they were sad, the bus driver and assistant, that they weren't able to say bye to him. So, they stopped by to say bye, and gave him a piece of candy, and key chain bus. I thought that was very, nice, kind, and sweet of them. It meant a lot.
After we finished lunch, we were on a mission. I needed one last thing for Josh's care package, on Fort. We ended up going to three different places (and one last night) to look for this item. Finally, third place today we found it. And it will be mailed in his care package tomorrow.
When the kids got home from school, we went to pick up Elizabeth's birthday pictures to add in the care package. Since those came in later today, that is why his care package is being sent tomorrow. I wanted to make sure those were added to this care package.
Then we were off to the Airplane Restaurant to in some ways celebrate, that we have accomplished 2 months missing Josh, but yet are 2 months closer to seeing him. It is a milestone for us. And we will continue going to different restaurants on the 18th of every month to continue with the milestone. It also gives us something to look forward to every month, knowing that once we get to that point every month, we are a month closer. I took some pictures of us today to, so we can also have those.
Elizabeth is still not understanding about why daddy isn't coming home right now. And why she can't see him, where his is, and why he can't have dinner with us. It is so sad having to explain to a 6 year old that daddy is working far away, and that it is going to be awhile until we can see him again.
Once we arrived home it was bath time, Prayer time, Bible time, and bed time.
I just wanted to end this with something to Josh,
We love and miss you soo.. much Josh!! We can not wait until these next 4 and something month go by, and we can have you home for your "vacation home". We cannot wait until your here with us again. We hope that this entire deployment goes by fast! We love and miss you with all of our hearts, minds, bodies, and souls, until we see you again soon! Stay Safe!!!!!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Congrats on two months down!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you got to talk to him. Congrats on two months!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you were able to talk to him! Yay for 2 months gone! :)
ReplyDelete