My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Monday, May 3, 2010

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY, ELIZABETH....


DAY 46-

6 years ago today, our only little girl was born a week early. She was due on Mother's day. She weighed 8lbs, 2 oz, and 21 inches long. I had worked a long shift 1 p.m-10p.m the night before I had her, and then came home, and had to be at work again the next morning of 6 a.m-noon shift. It was add set. As I was getting off work, and driving home, I wasn't feeling right. No contractions, just ill. I arrived at my parents house where Michael, and Josh were. Josh was helping my dad with some stuff outside. Not long after arriving at my parents house I started having contractions that were just a few minutes apart. After spending 3 days in the hospital when I had Michael, I was in no hurry to go in. My mom went outside to tell Josh I was having contractions, and that he should probably go clean up. So, he did, he got in the car and ran home, and came back. Finally, it was time to go to the hospital.

On the way to the hospital, we had to swing by the house to get the camera. When arriving at the gate for the Fort, my contractions were about 3 minutes apart at this time, the gate guard was giving us a hard time, saying the picture didn't look like me. Honestly, with my contractions so close, I really just wanted to punch him and leave. But didn't. When arriving at the hospital I walked up, ended up walking to the wrong side of the floor, found the right place, and was automatically put on the monitors. They told me I had to be on the monitor for 20 minutes before even checking to see how far dilated I was. Well, before 20 minutes was even up my water broke, Josh threw me into a wheel chair, and several people ran down to the room where Elizabeth was born. 4 hours, 23 minutes after even starting to show signs of labor, she was born. It was fast. I was the talk of the hospital for the night.

For some reason I had forgot, on Fathers day of that year, Josh left for his second deployment. Elizabeth was only 6 weeks old. (I did remember she was 6 weeks old). And here we are, 6 years later, on Josh's 4th deployment.

Today was a busy day for us. First, we started off by going to Church from 11-12:30. It was a good service today like always. Then we left and went to Chuckie Cheese to Celebrate Elizabeth's birthday. Since, I did the same thing with the boys, I wanted to keep it even. We spent an hour and a half at Chuckie cheese, after eating and the kids playing the games using their tokens. When we turned in our tickets the kids had 110, the girl in charge ended up letting them have a rocket thing, which was 100 tickets each. I told her, we only had 100, and she said that was okay, she was letting them each take one. They weren't even looking at them because they knew they didn't have enough tickets. But, were very happy they were able to have one. I took plenty of pictures so daddy could see them.

After leaving Chuckie Cheese we had a 2 year olds birthday to go to, who's daddy is also deployed. We stayed there from 3- after 7 p.m. It was fun, and nice hanging around other adults. His mom was nice and bought Elizabeth a gift, in which Elizabeth is sleeping with tonight.

After leaving that party, we came home. I called Josh's mom back because she had called earlier and I missed her call. Elizabeth was able to talk to both grandma's tonight, my mom, and Josh's mom. Then I wrapped Elizabeth presents. We sang Happy Birthday, ate cake, and she unwrapped her presents. Then it was time for bed. Not long after she got in bed, daddy called. I was so happy for her that she was able to talk to daddy. Every time I touched the phone today she would think it was daddy, and say, "I love you daddy". So sad, she really misses him. I was also happy I got to hear my husbands voice again tonight. We were on the phone with him for 16 minutes before he had to get off.


Last night when I was writing my post, I heard like someone getting water from my fridge water, it was creepy knowing the kids were in bed and I'm right here on the computer. I looked over, and saw the funniest thing. Our dog was using his paw, and drinking the water from it. I can't believe how smart that is. It was because our oldest forgot to get him water, so he helped himself. I wish I would have taken a picture of this.

Hopefully I'm able to get some better sleep tonight. When I was going to bed last night Michael came out of his room and told me he had a nightmare, daddy was shot and killed. I told him daddy is okay, that he just happened to be on facebook really quick not long before and left a status update. I let him know it was probably because he misses daddy, and that daddy, and mommy love him very much. Then, I went to my room, Prayed, and cried myself to sleep. Those things are always on the very back of your mind, but having to hear your child say they have a nightmare of it, that is very hard. Not long after falling asleep, I hear screaming, and a knock at my bedroom door. Elizabeth had another nightmare. Before these last 3 days, this was not normal, but now every night for 3 days, she has had one. I just don't know what it is.

Today was a great day today, spending Elizabeth's 6 birthday with her, and hearing my husbands voice. Every day I still truly miss my husband and wish that he was able to spend these moments with us. Until then, I cannot wait to see him again.

3 comments:

  1. I remember meeting you the night before you went into labor with Elizabeth!!:) That was when Todd and I first started dating and we were visiting with Josh when you came home from work! You are a trooper Alicia, God has given you the gift of PATIENCE and DETERMINATION!
    -Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Elizabeth!! May 2nd was a wonderful day to be born! It made me laugh to read about your dog helping himself to water!! I could so see our Jake doing that! Hang in there ~ we all need each other right now through the deployments! You have many virtual friends lifting you up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Elizabeth!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.