My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Monday, May 3, 2010

I still miss you.....

DAY 47-

Seriously, WHY? Does this song, "I still miss you" have to go through my head over and over again. It just brings tears to my eyes. It's just a reminder that it will be awhile until I see my husband again, and when I do next time, it will only be a "vacation home for 2 weeks"? I just really want these next few months to go by fast. I'm so over this deployment, and we are only 47 days into a 365 day plus deployment. I know it sounds like I'm complaining, and to a point I am. But, really, I think I have a right after 3 prior times of having to say "farewell" to my husband on prior deployments. There is a void in my life, where my husband comes in. And no one can fill the void, of missing my husband except for him. So, I'm ready for him to be home. I'm very excited about seeing friends and family at the end of the month, but still, that cannot replace being with the man I love dearly.

We may not be a "perfect couple", but really who is? We have our downs, but make it through them, and mainly have more ups then downs. Hey, I even miss him playing video games in the "man cave". I'm not a fan of video games,but at least I knew he would be here at night when we could spend time together and watch movies. I just have to continue taking this "D" word one day at a time. And continue Praying for my husbands safety, and that he knows how much we love him.

Well, today was our dogs vet. appt. The first one I have ever taken him to. Usually it has been my husband, and well, about a year ago when he was just a little bit of a smaller dog. It was quite the adventure this morning. After I took Johnathan to his bus, I ran inside really fast put on some make up, ran downstairs to get the folder with Luke's information in it. The I came back up, and loaded his huge kennel in the SUV. Well, that was after going out to the garage, and turning the car around and backing it in. Then it was time to hurry and get the other two kids in the car, and load up Luke. I then dropped the kids off at school, and Luke and I headed to his vet. appt.

At first I couldn't find the darn place. I knew she said it was around the PX. So, I am driving around in circles thinking, there aren't many building around here. Why am I not seeing it? So, I turned around and headed back, saw a building I had never seen before, which I don't know how, but that was the one building I was looking for. I was 5 minutes late. I first ran in, to tell them I was there, and sign any papers, etc. Then I ran back to the car to get Luke. First thing first, they wanted him weighed. He had to step up on a scale. This was nearly impossible for me. I really thought I was going to break my wrist today trying to control him. Nobody even tried helping me get him on the scale. So, after a few minutes, I somehow managed to get the big boy on the scale, he weighed 73lbs. The he got a shot, and some other stuff. He was good, but an expensive one, costing me $140 dollars, by the time I left. Thankfully, he doesn't have to be seen for a year. Hopefully my husband will be here then.

When we left, and I was trying to get him back in his kennel, he didn't want to go. He sat down and was like, "I'm not getting in there". Of course he cannot talk, but that was his expression. After I don't know how many times of saying, "kennel up" he finally got in. It was a good thing, because I didn't know what I was going to do. He probably could have pulled me around Fort if he wanted to, because he is so big and strong. But, he didn't thankfully, and we headed to Walmart.

I needed to get a cupcake cake to take to Elizabeth's classroom today, and I wanted to get my eyebrows waxed. Don't worry, I opened the back windows for him, he slept, and I wasn't in the store to long. When I went to look for the cupcake cakes, they didn't have any. I was thinking to myself as I was standing their, "what am I goind to do, get a cake and cut it up, or get 5 packages of cupcakes?" Well, thankfully a lady saw me, and asked me if she could help me with anything. I knew that she wouldn't probably be able to help me but told her anyways, that I was looking for a cupcake cake, and they didn't have any. Right then she said, I have one right here. I was like wow, okay, and what made it even better was it was an adorable butterfly one, which had 30 cupcakes. I needed 27, and usually they have 24. It was like it was waiting for me to come in. I was so excited. I always use the cash register to check myself out. Then I went to use my free coffee thing that I have been holding onto for awhile, and finally it was time to go home, and wait for Johnathan's bus.

While Johnathan and I were waiting to take the cupcake cake in, I had the cupcakes sitting on the counter. For some reason, I had this vision in my head from the Army Wives episode last night when Roland dropped the castle cake. Not long after I was thinking that could happen to the cupcakes, guess what. I heard a plastic container hitting the floor. I looked, but I knew what happened. It was the cupcakes, still in the plastic container, flipped over on the floor. They were safe, plastic container was on them and everything. It was a miracle the cute decorations survived. The only thing that was messed up was the name that I had written on it for Elizabeth. But, I could live with that knowing that they were all okay.

At 2:30 it was time to take the cupcakes in. Johnathan went with me. When I arrived in the classroom I had kids coming up to me and giving me hugs, and talking to me. These were all the ones that missed recess because they didn't do their work. Elizabeth was not in the group. She finished her work, and was actually on her way out to recess holding another little girls had while I was pulling up. Then while I was un loading stuff out of my car, she was playing with 3 other girls. And I saw her running. I never realized she could run so fast. It was good seeing her play with other kids.

When they came in for recess, she helped me pass out the cupcakes. The teacher even let Johnathan sit in a seat of an absent kid, that was nice. Her teacher even passed out the capri suns I had brought. And, the teachers mom was even volunteering, which I found out today, that I think she does this often. I thought this was neat. After Elizabeth handed out the cupcakes, they sang Happy Birthday to her, and let her eat the first bite. Her teacher gave her a birthday sticker, a crown, and a pencil. That sure made Elizabeth's day. When leaving, I saw Michael get on the bus, so I went over to see if he wanted to ride the bus, or go home with me. Either way really didn't matter to me. The bus driver asked him and he said he wanted to go home with me.

At 5:00p.m tonight we went to get Elizabeth's 6th birthday pictures taken. He hair is like mine, if you don't use like a straightener on it, it is hard to fix. That is something that I will have to start. The pictures are going to turn out great though, I cannot wait to have them back. We arrived back home about 6 p.m, and then around 7 p.m, I finally decided to heat left over pizza. By this time Elizabeth had fallen asleep on the couch, and had been awoken by her brother and started to throw a temper tantrum. Until she finally moved herself up to my room, where she is now. She didn't want to eat dinner tonight, because she was so tired, and went to bed at 7, instead of their usual bedtime of 8. Today was like a second birthday for her, so two days of birthday celebrations tired her out.

Well, I have some fun and then some important stuff planned for tomorrow. It helps me to continue taking this "D" Word one day at a time. If I have things planned, then I don't think about feeling lonely. I just cannot wait until the day I have my husband in my arms again to hug, counting down the days until that happens again...

2 comments:

  1. I know what your going thru. I was a military bride left alone with 2 small babies when hubby would deploy... He finally got out of the military and after a long adjustment to civilian life, we enjoy being together!!! That was 10 years ago but the experience always stays very close to your heart!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief. You must have been exhausted. I remember when my husband was deployed though, the best thing to do is stay busy. It sounds as if you have no problem doing that. Best wishes.

    Thanks for stopping by and following my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.