My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

365, 182.5, 30, 14, 1....

DAY 55-

Your probably wondering what all of these numbers are about. It's how I break up a deployment in order to help it go by faster.

365- How long a typical deployment is

182.5- 6 months, and a half of a day, usually until "the vacation home", that your spouse will take.

30 days- of course a month, in order to get to the half way point of a deployment, which takes us to the end of the deployment, you have to take it one month at a time.

14 days- The two weeks from pay day to pay day. When you receive the money to buy food, and care packages for your loved one. Which helps the 30 days go by faster, meaning usually 2 pay days.

1- and the best thing that you can do it take it one day at a time, keeping busy each day in order to make it through until the end of the deployment.

Deployments are not an easy thing, being way from the one that you loved. Breaking it up like this helps the time go by a little faster for me. I just have to continue staying busy, taking it one day at a time, until the 2 week mark of the "pay check coming in", which by the time you make it through about 2 of those, then it will about be a month. Then once your through that month, you have a month down, and you can look forward to that half way point. Once your at the half way point, you know you made it half way through a deployment, and that is when time will go faster, and you loved one will be home, at least until the next deployment. When your doing this all over again.

Today I spent the day doing laundry. Always seems to add up fast with 4 people. Then all of the kids came home from school and we had leftovers for dinner. Michael informed me that they don't have school tomorrow. Nice! not! I'm babysitting, but it will be fine because I use to have my own daycare and watch 6 all together then.

I got to talk to my husband for 20 minutes tonight. It was a nice surprise, it had only been 3 days, which on average it seems it was about 5. Due to him being busy. I was glad I was able to hear his voice tonight. Hearing his voice is another way of helping this deployment also go by fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.