My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Friday, May 21, 2010

Elizabeth Graduated Kindergarten today...

DAY 65-

First thing this morning, a half hour after the kids started school today, at 9 a.m, Elizabeth Graduated Kindergarten. All the little kindergartners came walking in a line to line up in front of all the waiting parents wearing their read caps, with a tassel that said 2010. They sang 4 songs. Elizabeth has been practicing them all week. They were very cute. Elizabeth participated in them all, she sang them all, did all the hand motions, and even was dancing. It was so adorable, I wish I had a camcorder.

When they were done singing the four songs, they called them by class, and they by each student. First they shook the Principals hand, then they received their certificate from their teacher, and then a family had donated a candy LEI, and a ribbon LEI, that was placed on the students. And they each walked back to class. The ceremony was about 45 minutes. And the cutest little Graduation, EVER!

After Graduation, the kids could either stay at school or go home. Only 7, out of 27 students stayed at school. I let Elizabeth decide if she wanted to go or stay. I was hoping she would stay, just because summer break is officially next week, then it is mommy versus 3 children all summer. So, I was hoping for all the break I could get. I didn't say anything to her. First thing, she grabbed her back pack. Then I took a picture with the teacher and Elizabeth, and was getting ready to leave with Elizabeth. All of a sudden Elizabeth heard the teacher ask the students if they had hot lunch or cold lunch. Elizabeth said, I want Hot lunch and threw down her back pack. I went along with that, paid for her lunch and left.

Johnathan and I went back later to eat lunch with her. In which he really didn't eat his lunch, the lunch ladies put plastic wrap on it and we brought it home. Johnathan and my lunches ended up being free. For some reason, the very few times both of my kids had ate lunch at school this year, they had enough extra to cover both lunches. Strange, but oh well, made me happy.

Then it was time for the 2nd graders to come in. Michael joined the table with Elizabeth, Johnathan and I. And we just all sat and ate. There is a lady that the older two like at school. She was trying to take Johnathan's hand to go and say hi to all the other 2nd graders. I think he thought she was trying to leave with him. He pulled his hand away, came running back to me, and said, "NO, this is my mommy!" as he was grabbing my shoulders. It was cute, I was proud of him. But then, he soon realized, okay my brother and sister are comfortable with her, and he went to see the second graders.

After lunch I checked Elizabeth out, they told her by and have a nice summer. The kindergartners are out for the summer now. All the other kids have half a day Monday and Tuesday.

Michael didn't have a good day today. Neither of the kindergartens he was in (we moved in April of the school year) were having a kindergarten graduation, when he was in kindergarten. So, he was jealous. Then he was not in the yearbook (we moved here in December). Elizabeth was in the yearbook under her class, plus other times. And he was upset, she started summer today, and he has two more day.

Tonight was also movie night. I ordered "The Tooth Fairy" off of On Demand, for the special day. And we had our typical pizza, with salad today.

I still hate that I feel the loneliness after putting the kids to bed. Even when I have things planned to do when they are in bed. I come downstairs, and I just feel that sadness, even if it is for a few minutes. It has been 2 months since he has been deployed. I cannot seem to get over that loneliness after the kids are in bed. Its not that I don't miss him any other time of the day, but that is the hardest time for me. The time it hits me he is not here, and we have 4 months and some odd days until we can see him again. It makes it even harder when he has to miss days like this, special ones, especially when the kids would love to have daddy here, and well, especially mommy too!!

1 comment:

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.