My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

DAY 53-

I first wanted to start off by saying Happy Mothers Day to all moms, especially my mom for raising me, and my mother in law, for having Josh, or else I wouldn't be married to him, lol.

Today we started off our day going to Church. They gave the moms that have had a new baby since last mother's day a rose, and then the mothers that are widowed, single moms, or have one deployed a card, in which had a $50 gift card in it.

After Church, the kids and I came home. They gave me the little cards and things they made me. I let them each pick a card for me at Walmart last week. Today, I saw the one Elizabeth picked out, it says, "Mom, Now that I'm a parent myself, I think I know what you went through." and on the inside it says "Hell, Happy Mothers Day". It gave me a good laugh because it is going to be forever until she is a mom, she just turned 6. I didn't look at the card last week because I wanted it to be a surprise. Boy, was it for sure a surprise. Michael also gave me a card, and a key chain he made in class.

Then we went outside to eat lunch. After we were done eating lunch we ran to Walmart to get a few things. When we arrived home I smelt the neighbors food that they were Barbecuing, it smelt so good. Even though he invited us over on Friday, to come today, I really didn't want to intrude. So, I decided to stay home.

All of a sudden I heard my doorbell. I went to the door, and it was my neighbor with a flower plant, and he told me "dinners ready". I thought that was very nice. So, the kids and I went over and ate dinner with them. I finally had the chance to meet his wife, and then I met his daughter, son-in-law, and their two children. Plus, they had a friend over. It was great food, and we even had a good dessert. Something like a baked Alaska? I had never heard of it before, but it is now my favorite! The kids got to go downstairs with their son in law. They played with the WII, air hockey, and Thomas The Train table. Then we noticed Johnathan was all wet for some reason. So, thankfully, living next door, I ran home to get him some pants. When I came back, they had a card sitting next to my dessert that I was finishing. I really thought that was nice. The whole thing, the flower plant, dinner and card meant a lot to me, since I'm away from family here. It turned out to be a great day, with the neighbors help, and of course the presents from the kids.

When we got home, Michael just had to make me this desert he has been wanting to make me since Friday night. I kept on telling him, wait until Mothers Day. It was ice cream, with strawberries and a grape. Interesting, but I ate it. I probably gained a ton of weight today. But it was a great day.

Even though the only family I had around me today, was the kids, which today was what it was about, it turned out to be a fabulous day! I hope all of you moms also had a great day with your kids!

2 comments:

  1. Love the card she gave you. Hope you enjoyed your Mothers' Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear you had such a great day! LOL Elizabeth's card is too funny. Be sure abd date it so you can show her when she is older!! hehe What nice neighbors you have! Those kind are hard to come by...Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.