My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Monday, May 10, 2010

Dreaming, out loud....

Our 8th Anniversary in 2009


DAY 54-

This morning after all three of the kids were off to school, I had a CT Scan. I really hope that this one will have results, and I can get answers to see if it is a parotid-salivary gland growth. Last time I had a CT Scan, and an MRI, they didn't have any results because I was told it was behind the shadow of my ear. This time my head was tipped back more, I really hope that helps.

It was a year ago, 2 days before Mother's day that I went in for Surgery. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, and the only way they could tell, was to have surgery. They ended up removing a lymph node. (My new Doctor doesn't even know why they did that, there are no lymph nodes located around the growth). After healing up from surgery and going in for my post-op I still felt the growth. Nothing changed. I was frustrated. They told me it was because it was swollen, and were having me come back in every month to check. I knew it was the same, I can feel the mass, by touching, and with in my body. Finally, they realized it was still there, and I was to do a CT again in Maryland, then we moved. So, because of everything I had to go through in Maryland, it took me awhile to call the Doctor here. (4 months). About 3 weeks ago, I had to call and make a Doctors appt. just to be referred out to a specialist. I then went to the specialist last Tuesday, and today I had already had my CT scan. I will get my results next week. And then, from there, hopefully some answers.

When I arrived home, I spent the rest of the day cleaning up the house. It needed a good cleaning. Then waited for Johnathan and the other kids to come home, really not much else happened. Besides making Chicken Estufau (Guamanian Chicken), and Finadebe Sauce for rice, with corn. One of my favorite meals.

So, now I'm just going to do a little dreaming out loud. Mine and my husband's 10 year Anniversary is next September (2011). We were married when we were 18. Just like any couple who is married, at any age, we had no clue what the future would hold for us. But, just being teenagers, and expecting our first child, we definitely didn't know where our road would take us. We just knew we were in love. So, here it is almost 9 years later (now), and we have 3 children and will be through 4 deployments. I was dreaming about having a 10 year Wedding Vowel renewal Ceremony, and then maybe a mini honeymoon. Nothing big, just a little fancy. Our Pastor had mentioned this "Secret Garden" on Sunday, he showed pictures, it looked so pretty. I thought (just thought of this tonight) that would be a perfect spot for a small ceremony. Something to not only Celebrate many more years to come, but also to Celebrate what we have accomplished from getting married at such a young age, and coming as far as we have today.

A lot of people have divorced after just one deployment. We will make it through four. That is a big deal to make it through that many.. But, like I said it is just dreaming out loud, because I know my husband would NEVER go for something like this. We did have a good Wedding almost 9 years ago. But since we were married 2 weeks after 9/11/01, we didn't know we would spend half of our marriage apart. Well, I guess a girl can dream right?

5 comments:

  1. You guys definitely have defied the odds and that's awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of you guys on your 8th Anniversary! Ten years is a huge milestone; especially when you start out young! Congratulations to you for keeping your love strong and alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope you get some answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its a great idea. And I'm sure with a little bit of planning you could do it without spending a ton of money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you have some answers soon! Congratulations on surviving 4 deployments, it's not easy, but it definitely makes you treasure each moment together.

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.