
DAY 51-
I found this on another blog, and thought I would share:
"As a military spouse, you have willingly
packed up and relocated countless times, and sometimes been separated
from parents and other family members for long periods of time.
You have celebrated anniversaries, birthdays and holidays alone. You
have shown great spirit and strength when your active-duty spouse has
gone into harm's way. You, too, have stood watch at home to show your
support and serve your country. "
(All of the above is completely true for this family)
And this is from me,
Being a Military Spouse is a job in it's own, that we don't get paid money, but the love of our Spouse. It is a hard job. Being separated from our Soldier while he/ she is away at War. Worrying every single day about their safety, and living conditions where they are. Missing them, and wanting this separation to go by fast. As well as at home taking care of the bills, cleaning the house, knowing that your not cleaning the house for your spouse to see, but just to clean up after the kids mess. And keeping the children busy, so that they don't have to be reminded every day that their mommy or daddy is gone. Also, we sleep with the phone hoping that this day will be the day that our spouse will not be on mission, and we can talk to them. Even though we may not have talked to them for a few days, and when they do call, they can only call for a few minutes, until next time. And we check emails, facebook, etc. constantly looking for a message left from them, or even a facebook status update, knowing that they are okay. Even though they may not be online that often, were hoping this day will be the day. It may not be easy, and may not be for everyone, but I know I wouldn't trade this life for the World. I love my husband dearly, and I cannot wait until I see him again, 5 months (give or take some) until I can see him again and have him in my arms again. This, will make this ARMY WIFE, very happy! I'm very Proud of my Soldier, my husband. For everything he does for us as a family, and everything he does, and has to give up to serve and Protect Our country. This Army Wife, loves her Soldier with all of her heart, mind, body and soul, and cannot wait until the day I see him again!
Today let's just say, was a very interesting day! We woke up late, and that made the kids late to school. While I was getting in Josh's truck to take them to school, the neighbor came over. He told me he would mow the grass for us in front while Josh is gone. This made my day, I was stressing about this. He did it! Even though one of these days I will do it, today just wasn't my day. After taking them to school I ran to the post office to drop off a netflix. When I came home I talked to the neighbor some more, he invited the kids and I over for dinner on Mother's Day. He has adult children, and then his grandchildren that are coming over, and he invited us to join them. He said he was cooking. I thought this was nice of him.
I just stayed home today, I had more cleaning to do, like always, and calls to make. Which so far, my Cat Scan for my growth by my ear HAS NOT been cancelled. Thank goodness. It's at 9:30 Monday morning. They called today, and I thought it was to cancel, but it was to confirm. I prepared myself while answering the phone for a cancellation. I even told her that. It was pretty funny, I was like wait, I thought you were canceling. She said nope, everything looks good. Thank goodness! Now hopefully this growth gets taken care of a.s.a.p.
When the kids arrived home from school I got a card from Elizabeth, prepare to have a good laugh, she is in kindergarten,
It says,
My Mother is the most wonderful mom in the whole world! She's as pretty as (Johnathan).
She weighs (60lbs) and she's (25ft.) tall.
Her favorite food is (chocolate).
In the good old days when mom was little, she used to, (swim).(something I don't like doing maybe???)
I think mom looks funny when she (eats) (guess I should stop eating, lol)
I wish mom would (go shopping) with me every day.
I wouldn't trade my mother for (toys)
I love it gave me a good laugh today. Michael gave me one also, it said I'm special because I give him meals and take care of him, his favorite thing about me is that I love him, and he loves me, and he thanks me for all of my support. Both very sweet!
Tonight we changed it up a little with our pizza, pajama and a movie! We watched the movie in "Ghost Town", a.k.a "Josh's Man Cave", well it's really the basement. We have hardly been down there since Josh has been gone. When he is here he is always down in his Man Cave. I figured this was something different for us to do. We took Elizabeth's table downstairs from ALL THE WAY upstairs. We live in a 2 story house with a basement. And the kids ate at the table. Then Elizabeth was tired, and became extremely fussy. I think she has started doing this "mommy attachment" since she is realizing more that daddy wont be home for awhile. Every day she talks about daddy, and since she cannot have daddy right now, she is glued to me. I was so ready for bedtime for them.
Well, I hope everyone had an amazing Military Spouse Appreciation Day, even though, Military Spouse deserve to have the day every day! Continue to support your Military loved one, and I will continue supporting my Soldier, now, and forever, and even more now that he is Deployed. I love my Soldier, and cannot wait to see him again.
No comments:
Post a Comment