DAY 229~October 31st 2010,
Last year on Halloween, we were on Fort Meade, Maryland for Trick Or Treating. Josh was with us, and it was the 5 of us all trick or treating together. This year it was the 4 of us, but we have next year to look forward to, trick or treating as a family of 5 again.
We started our day with Church Service. I was going to drive the truck, but since we were running late, and all of the seats are in the truck, I drove the SUV instead. It was a good service. When service was done, we came home, ate lunch, and I took a nap as the kids watched some t.v. Mommy needed energy for the busy night ahead.
At about 5 p.m, which was the last we looked at the clock, Batman, Iron Man, and what came about as the nickname "Princess Witch" all started getting their costumes on. Even mommy dressed up in a 50's Poodle skirt. My friend said, I had to dress up if I wanted to come trick or treating. So, that I did. I didn't want to, or could afford to spend money on a costume for myself, so I used a costume I had already had. This one happened to be from when I was in Elementary school, and it still fit.
Next thing I knew it, the clock said 6 p.m. The time went by fast. I still needed to put the candy in the bowl and put the pumpkins on the porch. I took a picture with each child in their costume with their pumpkin. And then put the bowl with the candy on the porch. We weren't going to be home, and that was my way of giving the candy to the trick or treaters. I knew that maybe some children wouldn't take just one, or some teenager may take all, or even the bowl would be gone. But I took my chances. I would be a little upset if someone took the bowl, but then again, it would be one less thing to pack in the garage.
After putting the candy and pumpkins on the porch, it was time to head to our friends house for trick or treating. We left in about the right time also because of all of the trick or treaters were starting to come.
We ended up being a few minutes late to my friends house, but it worked out because she wasn't all the way ready yet. We took pictures of all of the kids, and then the moms, and we were off trick or treating. All of us went to many houses to get the candy. My three kids had the Halloween buckets that were from McDonald's. They filled up fast from all of the candy. We were at a nice Lady's house who was dressed up as Snow White, who noticed the kids candy buckets were full. After she gave them their candy she went and got each of the kids, and my friends child, a plastic bag in order to put more candy in them. I thought that was really nice of Snow White, because we had nothing to put the candy from the over flowing buckets in.
While trick or treating, we also ran into a haunted house in a garage. I know that sounds creepy, someone has a haunted house in their garage. It wasn't though, it was neat. It was a family that had it, and the children went in two at a time. They had a tour guide that took them through. You could hear the screaming, and the "help me" of the "actors, and actresses" in the haunted house. And as the tour guide went in, he would say, "We are going in a not scary haunted house, somewhat scary haunted house, or scary haunted house." And that way the "actors and actresses" knew if it was going to be scary or not. Johnathan even went through the haunted house with Michael. He really wanted to, and tried skipping people in the line. All of the kids went through the line, and went into the haunted house. They really like it, and continue talking about the things they saw in the haunted house.
Then we went to a few more house's and ended back at my friends house. Once we arrive at my friend house we had dinner, it was about 8 p.m She made hot dog in a bun thing (I have spaced on the name), chicken wings, chips, salsa, and great juice's. It was all very good, and hit all the right taste buds. And she made some great cupcake's too.
When we were all done eating, it was time to head home and go to bed. At least for the kids, mommy is never in bed until late. To much to always do. But, we had a great time trick or treating with friends, and had great food too.
I on the other hand did not go to bed until 2 a.m. I was suppose to be working on this blog, and my homework assignment, which is now late. But, I'm not to worried about it. I will get it done.
I was upset about a blog that was on the news last night, Army Wives on Strike. It was a very negative blog about Fort Carson by a fellow Army Wife. She had nothing to go to say, and it was all very negative. She made it sound like all Army Wives would think just like her, and made all of us Army Wives sound really bad. And yes, this was on the news. So, I wasn't to happy about it. She currently changed the blog, after other Military Wives had complained about it, she then put it on Private, and made it seem not as bad as before. So, this was a distraction for me last night, and then finally I decided to go to bed. Frustration and all.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
I admire women like you. Be brave always and keep the faith. By the way, I found a food social networking site that currently runs a photo contest for food lovers. Fun and prizes awaits food loving people. See for yourself! Thanks.
ReplyDelete