DAY 235~November 6th, 2010
I was planning on taking the kids to the Veterans Day Parade in the City today. We were going to meet at a friends house and follow them. But, I woke up coughing and my ribs were sore as if I did a ton of sit ups in my sleep. It was from coughing the last few days. And my ribs still continue to hurt. I also had a major headache when I woke up, and felt really weak, and just plain really sick! So, the Parade was entirely out of the question, which was to bad.
So, I rested most of the day, since I had no energy to even really move. The kids watched some t.v, and mainly played.
Tonight was mommy and son night out. My plans were to go bowling, but the way I was feeling that wasn't going to happen. And I didn't want to cancel on Michael either. So, we went and got two Netflix. One for our mommy and son night in, Bolt, and one for me for later, Leap Year. Then we went to McDonald's and got something to eat and came home.
The movie Bolt was really cute. I have never been one to really enjoy watching cartoons, or cartoon movies, but I enjoyed this one. Finally, after the movie it was time to go get the other two. Before we left, I checked my Facebook on my phone. I happened to see that the news channel that I'm a fan of on Facebook, posted about a Homecoming on Fort tonight. Did this really phase me? No! We were going on Fort, but I wasn't even thinking about it.
Did it even phase me when we drove by the Special Event Center, and saw all of the cars out front? NO! Btw, this is where they do Homecomings. But, what were my thoughts, "I wonder what event that is going on that we are missing and I didn't know about?"
So, you ask,"When did it hit me that it was the Homecoming at the Special Events center going on?" Well, since the Fort has one way streets, it was when we left, and the one way took us BEHIND the Special Events Center! And that was when I saw it, BUSES, AND SOLDIERS!!! I seriously said out loud, "Oh Crap, there is a Homecoming Tonight!" And that was when the jealousy hit, because I won't see Josh until "Next Year." Of course when I read on the News Stations Facebook, with the picture and video they put up, they had to remind us that this was the last Homecoming for this year, UGH!!! Seriously, I didn't need that reminder. It is already hard enough as it is.
I'm usually, just okay, blocking things like this out, until I actually see it! Then it just stinks, and it really makes me miss Josh, and makes me Anxious, for when it is our turn, Next Year! And I can't wait. I cannot wait for THAT MOMENT, when we see all of the guys walking in the building, and I SPOT HIM, my one and ONLY. It brings chills to me just thinking about it.
Until then, I should head to bed, since Wow, it is a decent time right now, 11:00 p.m, plus I will get the extra hour of sleep. Hopefully that extra hour makes me feel better, cause I'm sick of being sick.
Oh, BTW, I just finished watching Leap Year, it was a great movie. Little Man, Johnathan came down here and is sitting by mommy. I just couldn't take him back upstairs, he melts mommys heart, and is my little baby. So, I kept him downstairs with me.
Thinking of my Handsome Husband, and anxiously awaiting that day when we see him again!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment