DAY 244~November 15th, 2010
Even though it has seemed like THREE months, it was only ONE month ago, Josh Returned to Iraq from his "Vacation Home." But, with this time change, and getting dark earlier, with a mix of hyper kids, that don't want to listen, it has seemed like 3 months. And really, after those 3 months, it feels like he should be home next month. Nope, only in my dreams. We still have a few months to go.
After my lovely children were off to school today, I took some time to rest. I was flat out of energy and still trying to kick whatever has taken over my lungs for the last 29 days! It just needs to go, and in return give me back all of my energy. Raising 3 kids, I really need that. It's important!
Once Johnathan was home, I rested some more. Yes, that is how much energy I had today. None. A month of just not feeling well, does not do the body good. Oh, I did forget to mention when he arrived home, I ate for the first time, at noon. A sandwich and chips, then I rested.
Before the older two were home from School, I fixed my hair so we could be ready to go once they arrived home. We were off to the post office to drop off some mail, then on to Fort to get gas, and cash a check at the PX. Once we cashed the check, I was looking at the clearance items, trying to see if I could find some type of outfit for my pin up shoot on Saturday. I have been having the hardest time trying to figure out what will look Sexy, but not to revealing for a Pin Up Shoot, and really what type of clothes I would wear in general. Well, I found 1 button down white shirt, with 1 pencil skirt, and 1 dark grey button down dress, and a plain black dress to wear with my apron. I think I did AWESOME, and it only cost me $31.06 for all of that. I'm excited for my Pin Up shoot, and I love the cloths I picked out. Sexy, but not revealing. Just right for me!
Oh yes, and I tried all of those clothes on while shopping with 3 little ones! eek! Well, I didn't allow my 8 year old son in the room and had him sit by the door, he is just to old to go in with me now. And I had the younger two with me, but made sure not to show to much to them. I had asked my oldest if he could take one of the dresses I wanted and find a small of the clearance rack,which was basically outside the door, because the medium was to big. I think I had to buy most of the clothes in small. Anyways, next thing I heard was this ladies voice saying, it was on clearance and that they probably didn't have any left. I told her I know it was on clearance and I'm pretty sure they have a small size, I just grabbed the wrong size. And that was that.
So, I had to get dressed, take all 3 of my lovelys out and grab my small dress, then take it back into the fitting room just to double check and make sure it fit. And it did. Then we checked out and were off to our next destination.
Target! It had been a long time since I have been to a Target, possibly LAST January?? I was on a mission to buy a 6ft. long table that I can take with me when I do Willow House Parties. I had looked all over the store, most likely it showed on my face I was lost. Then I had this guy around my age, ask me if I knew where, "The stuff that makes your house smell good was?" Of course I didn't but was embarrassed to tell him that, I was like, I think it is in that direction, but I'm sorry I haven't been to Target in a long time.
And then finally I went and looked at an add they had posted on the wall to double check of the exact name of the table I wanted, then I asked a lady where it was. She showed me, but the spot it was suppose to be was empty. She called the back to check, and they had some. A guy even brought it out front for us, and even to my car after I paid, on a cart. I was thinking, sheesh, if he needs a cart for this, then I'm not going to be able to carry it to my Willow House parties. Come to find out, it's not that heavy, I can carry it, and I'm not that strong.
Then we walked down to Sally Beauty Supply to get some highlight stuff for my hair. It is a lot cheaper then spending a ton to get it done. I had to carry little man all the way down, then all the way back. He didn't want to walk. And I didn't want to deal with a temper tantrum. It was already 7:30 by this time, really dark, really cold, and we were starving because we hadn't had dinner yet. It was the first time in a LONG time that we had done in shopping like this, and then ate dinner late.
So, we stopped by McDonald's on the way home, I picked them up each a cheeseburger, and all of us a small fried. Then I got myself a spicy chicken sandwich and a sweet tea. And finally, our crazy, busy, stressful shopping trip was over, and we were home.
We were going to eat dinner in the car, (shh... don't tell their daddy) But little man had refused, and threw a temper tantrum saying, "I don't want to eat in the car."
Then it was bedtime, and I was thankful!
Loving, missing and thinking of my husband tonight.....
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment