DAY 236~ November 7th, 2010~
I woke up coughing, early this morning, before I was even ready to get up. So, this daylight savings time didn't help me any. And the the kids were up. But I managed to get a little more sleep before I was up.
Even though we had the extra hour of sleep, the kids and I still didn't go to Church. I heated up some cinnamon rolls, cleaned the kitchen which was a mess, and slowly got ready for the day.
To make up for not going to Church, we went to the Ground Breaking Ceremony at our Church, for making the Church Bigger. They had music, read Bible Verses, and talked about where they started to where they are now.
Michael kept on falling asleep, which was completely embarrassing. I had to keep on tapping his shoulder to wake him up, then he would put his arms in his shirt, I kept on having to tell him that is not how he is suppose to act in the church.
And then Johnathan and Elizabeth were getting restless to. I was about to get up, but would have been embarrassed of all the people starring at us when we had gone out. But then, I was saved. The lady who was sitting in front of me, I had worked in the nursery with before, and she gave me a hug when we first arrived. She was nice and saw Elizabeth and Johnathan fighting to sit on my lap. She had asked Elizabeth is she wanted to sit with her, she did. But then Johnathan did also. So, she had Johnathan sit with her husband. Those two were perfect little angels from that point on. I was very appreciative of that help. And her husband even said they were adopting them as Grandparents for the day, which I think was true.
We also stayed with them as everyone went outside and formed a circle around the area where the new building would be going up. They had certain people picked in order to dig the dirt, and then they did a speech, and sang a song. Johnathan was with her husband during this time. And we finished off by going back inside for cookies and juice. In which they kindly offered for the kids to do Karate for free on Saturday, the older two at least. Something I might just have to check into.
Then we went to return our RedBox movie, and came home. It was time to make dinner. My plans were to make our Buffalo Chicken Dip. Yes, dip is in the name. But, I had already started and spaced, I didn't pick up tortilla chips when I was at the commissary, and dinner was already started, whoops! And this is where Josh comes in with saving dinner, and yet he doesn't even know. I remember one time when I was making the dip, and he said, "That would be great for sandwiches also", and that was where my dinner was saved. I broke out some bread, and cheese and added the dip, and at least I thought dinner was good.
Here is the Recipe:
Buffalo Chicken Dip
1. Cook the chicken in water on the stove until chicken is no longer pink.
2. Once chicken is cooked, use forks to break chicken apart.
3. Add back to pan, add buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and cream cheese. I usually just eye the amounts of each.
Either use with chips, or put on a sandwich, haha, and Enjoy!
Then after dinner it was bath time and bedtime. And my time to work on homework. In which I didn't realize I had to turn in a 5 page PowerPoint tonight. It has been years since I had done one and completely forgot how to do it. Thankfully I remembered, and finished up. Now it's time for bed.
Thinking of, loving, and missing Josh tonight. Wishing he was home with us...
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment