DAY 228~ October 30th, 2010~
It has been extremely busy the last couple days, and will continue to be tomorrow. Today after waking up and getting ready, we took the truck down to the gas station to get some cash. Then we went to Michael's soccer game.
I was very disappointed with his soccer game today. It was the last one for the season, and he only played half of the game. He didn't want to go back out. I was really unhappy that I went to see him, and he wouldn't play. As of now, he won't be doing soccer again next year.
Then it was time for their pool party. It was the last game today, so the coach had a pool party after the game. First the kids went swimming. I was the only adult who paid to go swimming, along with Elizabeth and Johnathan. It was really embarrassing, since all of the other parents were upstairs watching out the window as the kids swam. I knew Johnathan and Elizabeth wanted to swim, and wouldn't be able to with out me in. So, that is why I swallowed my pride and went in the pool.
When the swimming part was over, it was time for the kids to eat. They had pizza, cupcakes, cookies, fruits, vegetables, etc. I have decided that I'm NEVER baking again for any of these functions. I took the left over cupcakes from yesterday to the pool party. Well, only one person ate one, because of all of the junk food. Then a child was not being very careful, and even though, there was PLENTY of room on the table, knocked over my 19 cupcakes that were in my container. I really had to bite my tongue and not say anything. I was just BEYOND frustrated that I had spend all of that time baking cupcakes, only to have ONE person eat them.
Then the kids received their trophy's that we paid for, got their pictures we paid for, and their certificate. And finally it was time to come home.
Then later tonight I went with my "workout friend", Elizabeth and Johnathan to the Darryl Worley Free concert on Fort. Michael went to hang out with my Workout friends, husband and two boys, and didn't go to the concert.
I was so afraid that we weren't going to be able to get into the free concert. They were only allowing 900 people in, and we were arriving a little over 2 and a half hours before. Well, when we arrived and got in line, there were only about 100 people in front of us, if that, we knew we were getting in. We got a free, "treat bag", which had a shirt and a hat that said Military Discounts.
When it was finally time for the doors to open, we were able to sit 5 rows back, and I was right in the center. The theater ended up not being really packed, and 900 people didn't show up, which was a surprise since it was a free concert. The concert started at 8 p.m.
Darryl Worley played a few songs, and the said, "I don't know how you all do it here, but you can come stand up front by the stage." So us, and a ton of other people did just that. At first we were standing a couple of rows back from the stage, behind some people. And once the people that were all the way by the stage moved, we moved up. I ended up standing right next to the stage for a few songs. It was almost like you could reach out and touch him. I was so close, I got eye contact a few times, and Elizabeth was able to touch his hand a couple of times. And when my friend and I had the chance to touch his hand, he winked at us. That is how close we were. I don't have zoom on my pictures above, and the other one didn't come out the best, because he was standing right in front of me. Wow, it was cool!
It was such a fun, amazing concert, and experience with my friend and the kids. I'm so glad that after hearing the advertisement on the radio, and seeing it on facebook that I decided to go. At the end one of the workers gave me and a couple other people a paper with the order of songs he was playing tonight. And I bought a c.d.
After the concert, which ended about 9:45 p.m, it was time to drop my friend off, pick up Michael and head home. Now I should hit he hay! Thinking, loving and missing my handsome husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment