My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving, and a day....

DAY 254~HaPpY ThAnKsGiViNg~~

2 DaYs=1 bLoG, sit back, relax, and enjoy a cup of coffee, or your favorite beverage...

First Off, I want to say How Thankful I am for my husband who takes care of our family, and helps protect our Country. He is an Amazing father, to our children, Soldier, and Husband to me. I'm also thankful for Our three children, that God has blessed us with to be mommy and daddy to, and enjoy raising them together. Last, but not least, I'm thankful for our extended family such as my mom and dad for everything they do, my siblings, and wonderful friends we are able to have.

Even though this was the first Thanksgiving that the kids and I were not around ANY extended family, and not having Josh here, it was a good day.The last two Thanksgivings we did have Josh around, and then before that extended family. But now we are living FAR away from them. So, the kids and I went to a friends house who her husband is deployed also. She has a son, and is watching another two children from Halloween to????? When our Men come home (and the kids momma comes to)

Young man had spent the night prior at her house, so the other two and I came home. The three of us slept on the couch, because after I had finished my homework, and they had fallen asleep from watching the movie, I was WAY to tired, to wake them up and take them upstairs, and they were to out of it to go up on their own. We already had our blankets from all sitting and watching our movie.

When we woke up, I put on the Thanksgiving Day Parade, brought to us by Macy's. I only was able to watch SOME of it, but had recorded it for the future, when I'm able to sit down and watch it. Then it was time to get ready for the day. I still needed to pack for our aDvEnTuRe to our friends house, and spending the night. This included taking our dOg with us. Boy that was a pain! Since I had to take the dog, I had to take the kennel. And you know how much of a pain that is???? HUGE!!! I could crawl in this kennel and take a nAp if I wanted to. But no, I had to carry, and transport it to our friends house. Thankfully, that was done, and it was time to enjoy Thanksgiving.

Our friend so kindly made 99.9% of our Thanksgiving meal. I brought two sides, a fruit cocktail salad, and three bean salad. She supplied the turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, gravy, pumpkin cheesecake, and cranberry cookies. In reality, I'm pRoBaBlY forgetting something! It all tasted very good!

Thanksgiving morning, I received a very nice note from Josh on my Facebook, and that made my day. I read it SEVERAL times, since we weren't able to spend the day with him, and I thought that would be my ONLY communication with him for the day. I was SuRpRiSeD when he cAlLeD before dinner, it made my night even better. All three of the kids were even excited to talk to their daddy to, even though little man was a little quiet and shy, he still listened. We all got to talk for about a total of 30 minutes.

After dinner I was able to do some Christmas shopping. I had gone to Walgreens because my friend showed me the add on their good sales on toys, then I ran to KMART, and use my Heroes at Home Gift card, and of course, I had to add more money to that. But, I finished quite a bit of shopping. I then dropped the stuff off at my house, where it was soooo... CrEePy!!! Usually at least the dog is at our house, but he was at my friends. I hurried as fast as possible, hid the stuff in my SeCrEt spot, and went back to my friends.

Then she went black Friday shopping from 10 p.m to 7 a.m, yes, you read that correctly. I went to bed at 2 a.m, because I was watching a movie I had been wanting to see, but I was not at my own house so I couldn't put it on my DVR, :/

Even though today was a great day, the fallen and deployed Military members were on my mind. Especially My Soldier, my husband, who we cannot wait to spend NeXt Thanksgiving with. Thanks for making my day Mr. Husband by the SwEeT note, and the SURPRISE call. :)


Day 255~ BLACK Friday~

The famous shopping day of the year! I didn't go, the closest I had got to this was shopping ON Thanksgiving night. That was good for me. But, my friend went while I stayed home with all 6 kids, and they slept.

I had went to bed at 2 a.m, I even had trouble sleeping because I slept in between my younger two on the bed. I couldn't find any way to get my legs comfortable. I was awoken at 6:45 a.m, which I was hoping it was my oldest who was knocking on the door, I would have sent him BaCk downstairs. It was one of the two, two year olds. So, I had to get up. And because of her waking up, the rest started to get up. Oh, I was sleepy, even TWO cups of coffee didn't help me any. My friend arrived at the house about 15 minutes after we were up. She got out what I was making for breakfast, waffles, and tried sleeping for about 3 hours. I'm not sure how much sleep she was able to have with 6 kids running around the house. I tried keeping them quiet, but with 6, there was always someone yelling.

We stayed at the house until 2 something. Then I had to load up my 3 kids, and 1 dog,and then came home. And of course once we arrived home unload everyone.

Then it was time to put up Christmas Decorations. I pulled out the Christmas decorations from the garage. Well, everything but the decorations for outside, I will attempt to do those tomorrow, and then the tree ornaments, I will get that possibly after the 10th of the month. Our stockings are hung up by the fireplace and some other decorations. Including a little tiny tree I put lights on, and I was mean and told the kids that was our Christmas tree this year. It's not. At least it will be a surprise when they see were getting a big tree. I had put on Christmas music, and made hot cocoa for all of us while putting up Christmas decorations.

Tonight was also pizza, frozen and heated up of course, and then a movie. So, we watched Christmas movies. We are defiantly in the Christmas mood now, and I love seeing the Christmas lights that our neighbor put up today.

Well, homework is done tonight. Even though I fell asleep in the middle of that, and the movie for about an hour, eek! But the kids were all by me, watching the movie. I guess what I was reading was pretty boring, haha! So, now it is time for me to get some actual sleep, and hit the hay! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.