DAY 196~
Just over 6 months ago, when Josh deployed, he told me that he would be here for our Anniversary. He made that promise today when he arrived ON our 9th Anniversary.
We weren't expecting him until 7 p.m tonight.My plans were to send the kids to school all day, since daddy wasn't arriving until later. Then I was going to go buy some food, clean up misc. stuff around the house. Then when the kids were out of school,make dinner and get ready.
Well, my plans COMPLETELY change. At 7:40 this morning I got a call from my husband saying he was taking the next flight out from Dallas. I had literally just opened my eyes and was going to get the kids off to school. I was like, what?? Should I send the kids to school? Now remember I was half asleep. The he told me the time, I literally jumped out of bed, it was A LOT sooner then expected. There went my plans for the day, but for a good reason. I was rushing around, ran to the kids room, told them to get ready. Got little man dressed. Then I called my parents to let them know the BIG time difference. And I called, and played phone tag with my friend who was going to be the photographer.
Finally, I had to rush downstairs and fix my hair. Put on my make up, and the long awaited dress that I bought over two months ago. I didn't get the chance to feel the anxious feeling with him coming him. Which was a little disappointed. It just was all complete stress from the time he called, until the 2 hours after when he arrived. I didn't even have time to eat before picking him up, or drink for that matter.
My photographer friend came over and helped fix little ladies hair. Finally, everything was as done as it could be for the about 10 hour earlier arrival.
My friend put the kids in the truck, and I was running around like crazy, from the short amount of time. She got in her vehicle, I got in the truck. I started the truck. Crap, it didn't start, we were already running late. They say life will throw you punches, today it threw three at me!!! So, I hopped out of the truck and was telling my friend it was not starting. Mind you it was just jumped 2 days ago when it was cleaned. So, she parked her car, and put the kids in my SUV for me today. She was a lot of help, and I really appreciated it. And it was her birthday today. So, finally, since we were even later now, it was time to go. FAST!!! Well, I pulled the SUV out today, and closed the garage! It didn't close! It took 4-5 times to get it closed. Meaning getting out of the car today and trying to figure out what was wrong. Then we were off, even later then before.
Thankfully we are not to far from the airport. We just had to rush. Well, on the way, I saw a plane getting ready to land, my thoughts, I think that might be him. Was it? Yes it was!
The big plans were to get a pass to go to where he comes off the plane. Didn't happen. Back up plan, past security check point! Well, that didn't happen either, we were to late. I was truly disappointed on both.
He had called me when we were parking and said he was already landed. I had asked him not to go through security check point yet, well the opposite way out, but that area. He didn't!
So, we are all rushing in the building, getting ready to go up the escalator, and I hear my name. It was him. I'm telling the kids hurry, come here it's daddy as he is coming down the stairs. My friend did get great pictures of this though. So, it did turn out. Instead of getting him at 7 tonight, we had him all day. And he was asleep on the couch, by the time he would have been arriving.
He was able to make it so soon because when he got to Texas, he wanted the next flight out. It just happened to be right away, and was told that he wouldn't be able to make it on time. He rushed through security, taking out his lap top, and taking off his boots. He ran through the airport, a ways, with his boots not tied all the way. And he made it, in time to see us! And boy, was it a nice surprise on our 9th Anniversary. I couldn't have asked for a better present then to have my husband come home and see us for two weeks, on our Anniversary.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Made me smile! Congratulations and enjoy this time with your husband!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! I am so incredibly happy for you. What a sweet gift, to have your hubby home! :) Enjoy your time together!
ReplyDelete