My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Soccer Practice, Day 2

DAY 183~

Well, waking up at a decent time, that only lasted yesterday! We woke up about 7:30 a.m today. I really wasn't wanting to crawl out of bed! Somehow I managed to get little man off on the bus on time, and then get the older two to school on time. And in between get myself ready so that I could head to the gym today.

I made it to the gym a few minutes earlier today. But took an easy day. Monday with the personal trainer is going to be hard. I had no motivation today, and I don't think my friend did either. At least it was fun hanging out with my friend.

Then I came home, changed from my gym clothes to working outside clothes. I had about a half hour before little man was home and I was going to hand pick some weeds again. I got quite a bit accomplished in that time, but still had to stop, so I wouldn't get stung by bees. I had bought some spray the other day that I need to exchange, because I went to use it today and it was broken, like it broke during shipment.

So, then it was time to get little man from the bus. He came in ate lunch, and I made a quick lunch for myself. I had decided the next thing to get done, was cleaning the outside of the BBQ. It was the best it was going to look, and I wasn't going to touch the nasty inside. But the outside was fairly shiny. I tried cleaning it fast because a bee wouldn't leave me alone. I didn't want to get stung again, since I was already stung during the summer. Finally, it was all nice and clean and I was able to put the cover on. It is a little short, but still covers the top of the BBQ. I actually called my parents and wanted to know their opinion if it is okay. If it's not, then to bad, I'm more worried about the top.

Then it was time to change into normal clothes for the day. I wanted to clean off the office desk. Yes, I'm horrible about stacking stuff on the desk, "to file later." Well, that later was today, and after some time it is cleared. I also finished officially paying the bills online, and made a couple calls also.

By this time, it was time to go upstairs to head to the bus stop. But, I didn't go to the bus stop. One of the calls I made was to the rental company to get on the repair list for a couple of things. The lady I had talked to acted like it would be a few days until those repairs were made, because they had a long list for other houses, and one repair man. Well, when I went upstairs the owner of the company we rent from asked me if I received the message that the maintenance guy was on his way. So, I ended up staying at the house, rush cleaning the kitchen instead. I had put off cleaning the kitchen today since I was concentrating on getting other things done. He fixed the broken garbage disposal, and one of our fan lights. The fan light had been broken for awhile, but just now got fixed.

Our repair man also shared with me, just as he has all of the other houses he goes and make repairs on, some plans for a Holiday resort type thing which will include pools, miniature golf and such. He is really proud of it. It sounds like an awesome idea. He is proud because he is currently looking for the investors, and a friend of a friend, is waiting to hear back from some investors if it is a yes, or no go. It is cool because this place, if it goes through, would be a few minutes from my house. I was just talking to him, and I was like, "this place looks really neat, and looks like it would be fun to work at, I might be interested in applying for a job." He was asking me what stuff I like to do for work, and he was like if it is open you will have a job. Who knows if it will go through, I would be happy for him if it does, he works very hard doing repairs and such for a little money, so this would be neat for him. And then I could say I knew him. He is a very nice older man, who I never feel uncomfortable coming in and doing repairs around the house. And he is nice to the kids, I always tell the kids to leave him alone, but he say they are okay. So, I hope for his sake, that his 15 year dream comes true!

Then, right after he finished we had to head to soccer practice, again! I had made a quick dinner for the kids while he was here, a hot dog, and green beans! Not the greatest, but I'm trying to save money so Josh can have the great meals when he is home "on vacation." He ended up being a few minutes late to practice, but I told him to let the coach know the truth, that the maintenance guy was at the house to fix a couple of things. Practice lasted an hour.

Finally it was time to head home, and put the kids to bed. And for me to do my nightly homework.

I was able to talk to Josh last night for a half hour. Which is always nice. As the days fly by, we are getting another day closer to seeing him, it is close, but yet so far away. And will be here faster then we know it! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.