My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Reaching out to touch something that is so close, but yet so far away....

DAY 174~

As you all probably know by now, Josh will be here for his "vacation home" this month, but that is all I can tell because of OPSEC. Every day that passes by, make that weeks, that pass by, we are yet another day/week closer to seeing him. It is so close, but yet so far away. It is so close, that every day I get more and more excited, imagining what it will be like when he comes up the hallway at the airport, and we see him, and I, can touch him, after at this time not seeing him for almost 6 and a half months. I can only imagine!

But yet, it is still far enough away, that if I cleaned my house spotless, like I want to try and get it to look, no way in heck it would stay that clean when he arrives home. I cannot wait until the final count down days when I can really start cleaning the house, knowing that he will be home in a short amount of days, if only for two weeks. He will be home with us, where he belongs. This all brings tears to my eyes. I cannot wait! The best Anniversary Present I will have this year, is my husband in my arms, where he belongs, and this is all this lady needs!

Today, We woke up at 7:37 a.m. Darn alarm! As you probably figured out, we missed the 8:06 bus, and I took the kids to school, after making their lunches. We did my the bus, but they weren't late to school! Little man didn't have preschool so he was home all day with me.

When little man and I got back, I ate breakfast, and then spent the rest of the day getting ready, cleaning the kitchen, and working on laundry. Later on during the day I finally went and paid for Michael's soccer. Since we are late, his school's team is full, and he is playing for another school. Oh well, at least he gets to play. And you can't tell which school is which whey they wear shirts with the districts name on them, but all different colors. I guess this is away for him to make new friends. I hope he is still able to enjoy soccer.

When I was grabbing the cash to pay for the soccer, at the gas station mini mart, little man saw a magazine that said, "Mustangs and Fords", he grabbed it and stuck it under his arm. He was soooo..... excited. He thought he was going to get it. But mommy didn't have 5 dollars to spend on it, :( Like father, like son, his daddy loves Mustangs, and he loves Fords!

Then I came home and headed right over to the bus stop to get those two. When we got home I started dinner, we had curry tonight. Michael and I LOVE eating curry, it's one of our favorite foods. We did our normal bedtime routine, and I'm skipping my homework tonight, it is okay to skip 2 days a week. Usually I try to do my homework every night regardless, I'm just to tired tonight. And oh yeah, for one of my classes, I got a 100% for 5 weeks in., I hope I keep this up for the last 3 weeks of the class. Time to head to bed now, I'm tired!

I can't wait to see my hubby this month, can't believe it has been 5 and a half months since I have physically looked him in the eye (not on Skype), touched his arm, hugged him and kissed him. I can't wait to see him! This time until we see him cannot go by fast enough. I start our days out saying loudly how many days it is until we see daddy telling the kids, and end the night saying loudly how many days it will be when they wake up in the morning. Anxiously awaiting seeing my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.