DAY 188~
Today, we got up a half hour earlier then our late wake up yesterday. But, we still barely made it on time taking the older two to school! ACK! Mornings, are not my best friend. Little lady wanted to make lunch today, and took a half hour just making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Wow! The it was time for little man to get on the bus, and when he left I took the older two to school.
I was able to leave right after to head to they gym, leaving at least 6 minutes earlier then usual, but made it at the same time as normal. Darn gate was busy, and held me up. But, I made it on time for kick boxing. Mondays and Tuesdays are crazy work out days for me. They are with the personal trainer, and a friend, and today some other ladies in the class. And of course she doesn't take it easy on us. My favorite part, well, when we were done with a hard work out, and the personal trainer asks the class, "where should we all go to eat?" I thought that was funny. I wasn't able to go anywhere though, because I needed to pick up little man from the bus. But, before I did that I went to the commissary with my friend, to get some milk, bread, and some other stuff, then rush home to the bus stop in front of our house. I made it on time though.
After eating some salad for lunch, I took a nap while Johnathan watched cartoons sitting on me. So, it wasn't much of a nap. Then I also watched some t.v with him until it was time to go to the bus stop. Which, at the bus stop, I couldn't believe this lady in a white car just passed the bus like it was sitting there with kids getting off, this isn't nice, but I just wish I had something to throw at her car, my kids, and other kids were getting of the bus, she didn't know if one of them would just run across the road. She put my kids and other kids in danger, I just better not see her again, I will say something to her. That is just not acceptable!
When we got home I worked on laundry, and cleaning the kitchen. Then after I made dinner, I worked on laundry some more, and helped the kids with homework. Since My oldest doesn't seem to be having any homework, I made him his own "mommy homework", where he works from work books we already have. We did this until bedtime.
After I put them to bed, and did our nightly prayer, and tore off the piece of chain for when Josh will be on his "vacation home", I came downstairs to clean on their toys. I have already spent 2 hours before, an hour each on different days, and then another hour tonight cleaning it up. I see another 1-2 hours in my future cleaning the mess they have made. Funny thing is, they don't play in the basement with their toys that often, but yet they make such a big mess. I don't know. I don't like doing it all in one day, because it is such a mess, and that is why I have limited myself to an hour a day. Almost done though, and I'm happy about that.
I was able to talk to Josh tonight for 16 minutes. It was a nice surprise, I wasn't expecting it. I had programed the number he had used last time into my phone, with his name. It was nice hearing the ring tone I chose for him since he called on the number he used last. I can't wait to see him, soon!
Then I finished working on my homework. I was able not only to finish my daily assignments, with discussion questions in both of my classes, but I was also able to finish one "big" assignment for the week. Next week is the last week for these two classes. Then I get two weeks off.
Now it's time to head to bed, and start a new day, another day closer to seeing Josh!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Alicia, I have a question. Why aren't the kids cleaning up their own toys? If they had to clean up their own mess they might think twice about making a mess in the first place. Something that works really well is to have it clean. Then the next time if they don't put it away when they are done, you put it in a box or a trash can where they can't get to it. You can explain to them what will happen if they don't clean it up and once they find their favorite toy missing they might just get the hint. Tell them they have so many days to keep it clean before they can have their favorite toy back. You may have a few tantrums along the way, but at least they will be in the basement and you can go upstairs to get away from it. Let me know how it works. Stick to your guns.
ReplyDeleteLove you, Aunt Vades
Aunt Vades~
ReplyDeleteI like your ideas! I will have to try them! I was cleaning the play area because it was a huge mess, and had to be organized. I finally finished it, 9/23, after about a total of 3.5 hours of work, cleaning and organizing. I'm glad to be done.
~Alicia