My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Sunday, June 13, 2010

We are at the Oregon Coast...

DAY 87-

After 4 and a half hours of driving today we are at the Oregon Coast with my parents, and then the three kids. On the way here I had to sit in between Elizabeth and Johnathan in the backseat. It was either feeling a little un comfortable, or hearing, and seeing the two fight the entire time. I chose being uncomfortable (actually it wasn't so bad, it was just having to crawl over either of them to get to my seat). Michael was in the way back, next to all of the luggage.

When we arrived here, after searching and searching for a place to eat, because there aren't many, and the places that are here to eat,most of them were closed. It was interesting. After sitting down at the table, the waitress came back with a shot glass of a sampler beer. I think this is the first time that someone has truly notice, I am an adult and not a teenager, she sat one in front of me too. I had to kind of laugh to myself. Seems like any time I go out to buy beer or something, usually for Josh when he is here, I have to show my I.d to prove I'm and adult and not a teenager.

Shortly after that they got on the loud speaker, we had no clue what we were getting ourselves into. Come to find out it was a trivia game. You played to put a ticket into a drawing for discounts on your meal. Then ended up allowing one per person per table who played. And then picked several from this. We ended up getting 4 dollars off our meal, because the prize that they were giving out was $1 off per ticket. We had 4 winning tickets. My mom and dad were playing this game.

I wasn't playing the game because one of my lovlies decided to get on the ground and throw a temper tantrum. I ended up having to carry her to the car. Yes, her. It was my daughter. I took her to her booster seat, and I sat in the front seat. She was throwing stuff, kicking, and screaming at the top of her lungs. Oh my it was horrible. Glad that I don't have to deal with that right now, all three are in bed. Finally!

It was also different today when we went to the store so my dad and the two older kids could go in, when we pulled up we heard lots of sirens. We looked up and saw a firetruck, then a bus, then another emergency vehicle, and then another bus, and then more emergencie vehicles. The emergency vehicles all had sirens and lights on, and the bus had screaming students (I assume) hanging out the window. Then a few cars with also screaming people, or yelling, whatever you want to call it. I also assumed, this was maybe a tradition for Graduates at the Coast. Not really sure, and don't know if we will ever find out, but it was definately different.

It has been a long day of traveling, and then having to do homework once we arrived here at the condo. I'm going to try and enjoy this vacation as much as possible. I really hope it doesn't go by to fast. Once this vacation is over, we have only 3 days left in Washington, then we are flying back to lonely Colorado.

As were on vacation at the Coast though, I will be still thinking of my husband and counting down the days until I can see him again in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.