DAY 97- (JUNE 22ND, 2010)-
Last night when I got off from facebook, it was so funny. My dad found Johnathans sandles in the garbage. Johnathan had thought his brand new shoes were broken, but they weren't.
It was nice waking up this morning and seeing a very quick clip of my husband doing, a very quick dance move. Instead of just looking at pictures of him, I was able to see a quick video of him and hear his voice at the same time. It has been 13 days since he has been able to call. Between him being busy, and the phone lines being down. At least I have things like that, and messages to keep me going.
Then today, my dad and Michael were headed off to get the car worked on, his car that is. He had to get the carseat out of the other car. When he did that, he found the missing 5 dollars, in which we thought blew out the window. It blew to the very back of the car. They have an SUV, and it has the front seat, middle seats, and two in the back. It was at the very back. That was pretty crazy. It seemed like it flew out of the car. I was starting to feel okay with it going to a homeless person that needed it.
This afternoon I took Johnathan to the play area at the mall. It was Mommys and Johnathans time out and about. I decided I wanted to park at the old retail store I use to work at, before it was closed. It is now something else. I wanted to park at the old spot, where I use to park as an employee. As I was driving, I realized the new store completely closed off the wall, and took away the door. Then it was off to the other side of the building, and I found the third spot in.
I ended up running into three old employees I worked with when the store was something else. It was funny, because in the new store, they were in their old departments as the old store. It brought back memories. It was then time for Johnathan to play for a little while. He ran around, played with the other kids, and flew like an airplane.
Mommy bribed him to leave, by telling him I would buy a shirt for him, a snack, and a drink. We then went to Target and he picked out his own shirt. When we left target he rode on one of the rides that cost 75 cents. And then ate snack, pretzels and a drink.
When we arrived back to the house we went with my mom to pick something up for dinner, and brought it back to the house. Michael and I then left to go see Toy Story 3. That was a cute movie. We saw it in 3-D, with our glasses. And had popcorn and a drink
On the way back to the house, we stopped at another Target and he was able to pick out a shirt. It was nice spending quality time with each of my children alone. I will have to keep this up every so often when we get back home. The kids also liked picking out their own shirts at the store.
It is now time to go to bed before I fall asleep writing this blog. Even though it has been 13 days since I have been able to talk to my husband, we are 13 days more days through this deployment, and 13 days closer to him being home.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Awww what a fun time =) It's so awesome that you take special time alone with them!! And also so awesome that you are staying so positive about not being able to talk to your hubby. Have a blessed Wednesday!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are able to spend quality time with each of your kids!! :) Sounds like you had a great day!
ReplyDeleteI still can't believe you are going through a 4th deployment...I dont think we can stay in for that long -:)
ReplyDelete