DAY 93- (June 18th, 2010)
It has been 3 months since I have last seen my husband and been able to hug him, and hold him in my arms. It is a sad thing when I think of not being able to even touch my husband or be near him for this long. We are only to the halfway point, about, give or take a little, until he is "on his vacation home". I still have the last memory with him of walking into the building, the last picture of the day he deployed, that I took. I miss him a lot that no words could even explain. I cannot wait to see him again.
Today was a good day, besides like always, missing my husband. It was another day I was able to spend with my amazing parents, and wonderful (at times) children. Today we started off by going to the Flying Dutchman Winery, here by the waters of the Oregon Coast. It is a small business that is here in the Oregon Coast, and made here in Oregon. I'm going to try and fly home with a bottle in my suitcase, that I check in, when I fly home the end of next week. It is for when Josh comes home on his "vacation home", to sit down and have together. I can envision it now, candlelight, music, and wine. Maybe even a movie. I cannot wait to just spend time with my husband.
My dad and I were also able to taste test two different wines. They were good. I was surprised I was not carded to try these wines. Usually, I'm always given a hard time when it comes to alcohol, and being told I don't look old enough. Here I am, in the State that I was born, in which they don't card me to drink samples of alcohol, that same thing happened the other day with beer. Good thing I definitely over 21! They were both good wines I tried though, then we bought a bottle and moved onto our next spot.
We then went and bought Johnathan more sandals. He had broken his at the playground the other day, and has been wearing tennis shoes. My dad and I ran into the store to get him "Car's" sandals. We then ran into Rite-Aid for a few things.
After leaving Rite-Aid we went through the car wash, because of all the, let's just say, bird mess on the car. It was like a living nightmare for me after seeing a scary movie before Josh had left. Thanks hun, :) Car washes are no longer the same for me, after that movie.
It was then time to eat a late lunch.It was also time to Celebrate our 3 month mark of Josh being deployed. And yet, we are another month closer to him coming "on his vacation home", and a month closer to this year long deployment ending. We went to a place in the the little Pirate shopping center that we went to yesterday, it was named something like "Fish Bait". It was very interesting inside. They had all different kinds of dinner tables that you could sit at. Then all of their cloth napkins, plates, and forks were different. It was all very unique, and I thought it was kind of neat. I ordered a fish fritter thing. Not what I expected I guess, but it ended up being very good. The waitress was a little slow since it was a smaller restaurant, and they had a sick call to make the waitress, also assist in the cooking. But, the food was worth it.
Then the kids and I walked to the shopping area, and my parents drove. They wanted to look at something they saw yesterday. Come to find out, the shop is closed for 2 weeks, while the owner goes on an Alaskan cruise, lovely, and interesting!
When we left here we went to some other shops in Newport. My mom and I went in a kitchen shop, and we bought a decorative cutting bored that has the coffee theme on it. My theme in my kitchen. And we found an adorable apron for Elizabeth that says "Diva in Training", we of course bought that too. We looked in a few other shops then left.
On the way back to the condo, we stopped and looked at some shops in the area that we are staying, Depoe Bay. Of course we picked up a few things, and then came back to the condo.
Tonight I finally was able to finish putting Josh's Fathers day care package together. I know, it is awful how late it is. But it doesn't mean we don't love him, because we do. He will just have his own special Fathers day. Hopefully that will be sent tomorrow.
The kids and I took a walk with my dad around the condo area before putting them to bed. I was able to do some of my assignments today, which is always good.
I cannot believe 3 months have gone by without my husband by my side. It stinks horribly. But yet, it feels like he has been gone longer. It is awful thinking, that amount of time since he has left, we still have that same amount of time until we can see him again. I'm anxiously awaiting, and dreaming of the day, I can see my husband in the airport and be able to give him a big huge hug, and a kiss.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment