DAY 85-
If the cancellation of our flight 2 weeks ago would have never happened, today we would be heading home, (June 10th). Instead we are here until the 25th of June. Our time here still feels like it is going by really fast. I hope these next 15 days slows down, just a little bit, at least.
We were able to meet my nieces baby boy today. He was born the day we flew out from Colorado to Washington, on May 29th. We also got to visit a little bit with my sister and niece. My kids were acting up horribly, and very embarrassing so we did not get to stay long. Just long enough for some pictures. In which, my oldest was refusing to take for awhile. He was sure a cutie though, so tiny. And their house is a very nice house. My niece doesn't even look like she just had a baby almost 2 weeks ago.
After that we stopped and got Mexican food for lunch. We ordered Johnathan a taco but he would not eat it. He then sat in the middle of the booth, looked at my food, and then looked at my moms. He was deciding who had the best food. He decided it was my mom who had the best food. So, he went to sit by my mom, and stole half of her food. He doesn't usually even like Mexican food, so this was highly unusual. I don't even know what she had. Then it was time to come back to the house so that my dad could go to work.
Tonight the kids and I went to have spaghetti at my in laws house.My mother in law also made homemade brownies. The kids were able to play with their dads and Uncles old toys. Grandma had saved them. We had a great time, the only thing that was missing, was my husband. At their house also, Johnathan was playing with a toy that was singing and danced. He sat it on the floor and then kicked it down. His daddy would have been proud of him.
When we came back to the house we took a drive by my parents old house (the one I lived in from the time I was about 2 and a half, until after I was married and moved out of the house at 19) They had moved to a new house after our family moved out of State. Then we drove by our old house in which we lived in for 4 years. It is sad seeing them both, it brings back a lot of old memories. We then went to the bank, and I ran into Walmart. We arrived back to the house after 10 p.m.
Since this has been really the first visit since we moved out of state 2 years ago, it has felt a little weird. Last time we were really here, we lived in the area. I would be in my "old house", and my parents their old house. It has felt strange not returning to these places, and a little sad. We only have 15 days left until we are returning home to our house in another state, and leaving this place we know, and the friends and family we love. Until then, slow down vacation!! We still don't know many people where we live now. Not looking forward to not having much going on for the next 9 months about, when the deployment ends.
Thinking of, missing, and loving my husband tonight, I cannot wait for these next few months to go by so I can see the man that stole my heart, just a few miles from where I'm at, almost 10 years ago!!!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
I'm so glad that you are enjoying your trip back Home! You are going to need a vacation from your vacation - you've been on the "go" since arriving!
ReplyDeleteGoing home is always refreshing:) I am so excited to have found your blog, my husband is on a deployment right now (only his first...I can't imagine being on the fourth!!) and comes home in a month or two! Love finding other army wives to follow!
ReplyDeleteRenee- It almost does feel like I will need a vacation after my vacation. It has been great seeing all of our friends and family, but I miss having my kids owns rooms.
ReplyDeleteKayla Sue- I'm glad you found me. Good luck with the deployment. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
~Alicia