DAY 86-
As much as I truly love seeing all of our friends and family, and being able to see people that we have not been able to see in two years, my kids are also making this trip difficult. Their behavior has been bad. It hasn't helped not being able to put them in their beds. I thought this would give me a break. But, it has added lots more stress to my day. At home I deal with them not listening, but not only is their behavior worse, I can't just stick them into their room. Ack, it is just so stressful. I wish they would just put on their best behavior, instead of their worse. Sometimes I just don't know what to do.
I just can't believe how fast these days are still going by. It seems like I wake up, do a few things, then it's time to go right back to bed, and do it all over again. Even though my kids are not at all listening, and not even close to trying to be good, I'm not quite ready to return to lonely Colorado.
Today during this fast day, the kids and I were at the house while my parents went to Dr.'s appt. then ran some errands. Then tonight we ran to the Mall to buy a few things. We also stopped by the Church Josh and I were Married at, and my dad took a picture of me in front of the Church. That was basically how our day went. And it went by fast.
Well, it is late, and I'm getting very sleepy. I think it is time for me to go to sleep and dream about my handsome husband.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Alicia, I am sorry this vacation is ending up such a stressful time for you. Maybe, just maybe a lot of your stress is because you are worried about the kids acting up and they are picking up on your stress and acting out. I know it is hard when you can't put them to bed in their own beds or send them to their rooms when they are acting out. Why not pick the laundry room for a time out spot. The Nanny recommends they stay in the naughty spot for as many minutes as their ages. You have to be consistent though if you start. Once you start you have to keep putting them back until they learn to stay according to their age minutes. Then they need to tell you they are sorry before they can go back out to continue playing. This might be worth a try. When you go to the coast find a spot there and just take some of your stubbornness and use it to your advantage. :)
ReplyDeleteLove you, Aunt Vades
Aunt Vades- I don't know what the childrens behavior is, it could be picking the stress up from me. They have been such trouble makers though, as you will read in my most recent blog, :) I just hope this last week and a half of vacation, that they just enjoy being with my parents. Because the end of next week we are returning to lonely Colorado. :(
ReplyDeleteMr Lonely- Thank You!