DAYS 101-102-
It has been 19 days since I have been able to talk on the phone with my husband, because of their phones, being down. And then when he called me, my phones were acting up. This really stinks, and I think it has been the longest after 3 previous deployments. Because of the phones being down, our whole entire, almost a month vacation, I was only able to talk to him 2 times. I cannot wait until he is home again with us, and we don't have to worry about these deployments.
When we were in Washington, it was still hard not hearing his voice, but we were busy every day. With tons of people to see. Now, we are home. It is just the kids and I again, trying to fall back in to our old typical schedule. Doing this brings back memories, and I have more free time. More free time to think how lonely I am without the man I love, and how much I miss him. Thinking about this brings tears to my eyes right now. My husband means a lot to me, and I just wish he was here with us. Here to enjoy our family. Our kids need their dad, and it makes it hard when it's not his choice to be gone, deployed. Especially on his 4th deployment.
Yesterday, what did I do yesterday to make the time without my husband fly by? Hmm, really, I'm going to have to think about this a second. Oh, on day 101, I spent the day unpacking, all three suitcases, and 3 out of 4 carry on bags. Then I cleaned house, and did laundry. I also went through our mail from the past month, it was delivered yesterday. It took me one hour to go through this. Between sorting things, and tearing off our address, then deciding what is to recycle. We managed to pretty much get back on schedule yesterday, and the kids were in bed by 8 p.m, Nice!
Today the kids and I woke up and went to Church for day 102. It was the first time we had gone in a month because of vacation. That was something the kids kept on asking me yesterday, "Are we going to Church tomorrow mommy?" When we arrived back home we ate lunch. Then entire time Elizabeth was suppose to be eating lunch she was worried about her "Father", as of today she no longer calls him daddy, he is father. I have no clue where she came up with this. On the airplane just 2 days ago, he was daddy. And then she was worried about if daddy was going to be home when we arrived home from vacation. I had to explain to her several times, that it is still going to be a few months until she sees him again. Today she was saying, "When is my father coming home, I want my father, my father is not coming home" over and over again. I think she thinks he has left the, even though I explain to her daddy is working, you will see him again, it will just be a few months.
I finished working on my homework for tonight. I had spent 3 hours, between the two classes, after the kids had gone to bed. I put them to bed at 8p.m, after doing Bible Study, and Praying. Now, I think it is time for me to get off. I want to see if I recorded Army Wives for tonight. I hope I did.
Thinking, loving, and really missing my husband tonight. I hope soon that we are able to talk to each other. He means the World to me. It is hard enough that he has to be gone away from us, but not being able to hear his voice makes it even harder. ;
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Oh, my eyes teared up on this one =( I have no idea what you are going through, we have yet to experience deployment (though it is fast approaching within the next few months!) I really hope you get to talk to him soon!! What a blessing though that you are doing 2 of the best things you could be doing in the meantime, Bible study and prayer!! Clinging to Him is the only hope in this world, and it makes deployments and every other seemingly unbearable moment in life, at least bearable.
ReplyDeleteI hope that they get the phones fixed soon and that you are able to talk to him soon. I bet he is missing you and the kids just as much as you are missing him.
ReplyDeleteKelli- If you have any questions about deployment, feel free to ask. None of our deployments have been the same.
ReplyDeleteSteph-I was able to talk to him on Skype last night. I was sooo.... extremely happy.