DAY 79- (Really June 4th, 2010)
Wow, I'm tired! This has been a busy week. Seeing lots of friends and family that we have not see in 2 years, since we last lived here.
We arrived back in Washington yesterday after spending a few days in Oregon. When we left Grants Pass, we had pictures taken by the Caveman Statue. In Grants Pass, they are known as the Caveman town.
We then hit the road and headed back. On the way back we stopped and ate Sundaes at McDonald's with my Aunt Karen (dad's sister), and Uncle Al. It was great to be able to visit with them on the way back. (I will try and post pictures in the next few days, I don't have them downloaded on my computer yet).
We then arrived at the house around 11 p.m, after stopping to eat dinner about an hour away from here. We also drove by our old house in which we lived at for 4 years. It was the house that Elizabeth and Johnathan came home to when they were born. It was sad seeing it again. Coming home on the entire trip, I felt that they were suppose to be dropping us off at the house when we got back to Washington. Last trip we made just like this one, they took us to "our home". This time was just a drive by. When we turned around to show Michael the house, we noticed it was for sale. It is a sad thing. We lived in the house for 4 years, but they guy that bought after us foreclosed, after only about 6 months of living in it. Finally after maybe a year of being empty, there was someone living in it. Then we noticed the for sale sign. It was taken care of, just sad to see it is for sale again. Then we came home.
Today I went with my best friend shopping for her daughters birthday on Sunday.I had a great time shopping with her and her baby. Then her husband met up with us and we all at lunch. It was nice being with my best friend, and having a little break away from my kids while my parents watched them.
Then tonight I went over to my in-laws house, of course Josh's parents house. They haven't been able to see their grand kids in two years. So, the kids were completely excited to see them. We had a great time hanging out with them tonight. Elizabeth was able to get her birthday gift from them, and then they gave me a mothers day present to open. Michael then spent the night with them, and I will pick him up in the morning.
Now it is time to go to bed, I am soo.. tired. I will try to add a few pictures up tomorrow. Still, thinking, loving and missing my husband as we travel around the town that we met.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
My guy is gone on deployment #2. You have done 4??!! Brave....And kudos for taking care of kids by yourself. :)
ReplyDelete