DAY 94-(JUNE 19TH 2010)
This is our last day/night at the Oregon Coast today. I'm sad that vacation is over, and I hope this next week doesn't go by to fast. I'm not ready to return home yet.
Todays first mission was to find a post office to send Josh's Father's day care package. Well, here the post offices are closed on Saturday. Mission Failed. We tried. I have been such a horrible wife when it comes to this. It has been on my mind, but we have been busy, and it has been hard making him a Father's day care package since we can't be with him. I hope he likes it though, once it is able to be sent.
We then went to the Artic Circle to get something for lunch. We were trying to get an earlier start today in order to send his care package. Then it was to head to the beach. Before the kids went to play on the beach, I ran up to one of the little shops. I had seen a dress in the window that I thought I might like. I ended up not, so then the kids were finally able to play on the beach.
Today was a better day for them to play in the sand. Not nearly as windy as the other day. I played with them for a couple minutes. I even wrote, "I heart U Josh" in the sand, and had my dad take a picture. It was a beautiful day outside today. The kids really enjoyed being able to play in the sand.
Then it was time to do some more shopping. We went back to the Depoe Bay shops today to shop.I love to look at he different shops, and see all of the unique things. Of course I bought a few things to. Today I was walking around on an injured foot from twisting it the other day. It was not feeling great at all.
When we arrived back at the condo, we at dinner. And on our final night, we finally used the pool. We went to one pool, and the kids and my dad were in the pool, I was just a couple steps into it. They were playing for a few minutes and I was standing watching Johnathan. All of a sudden one of the kids got sick in the pool so everyone got out. Well, I asked the lady that was with him if he got sick in the pool she said yes, and I told my dad the kids needed out. Then everyone else just followed. We walked to the next pool that was down the parking lot a little bit. My dad and the kids were already in wet bathing suits as we were walking outside. Thankfully it wasn't to cold. Then we let the kids play in the kids pool. Johnathan loved walking around because it was just his size. The other two were "swimming" in it. I was sitting there the entire time freezing cold. And my dad was in the pool watching them while my mom was at the side of the pool watching because she doesnt swim with us.The kids really enjoyed it.
When we were done and came back on the little walk back to the room in wet bathing suits, the room key wouldn't work. It was awful, because it was cold outside. I decided, since it was so cold, that I would run down to the office to get help. Now remember, I don't run, I have an injured ankle,I'm in my bikini swimsuit, with shorts on, and a towel on me, running! in flip flops that is. It was wonderful. I didn't have the key on me because I was going to have someone come help us at the room. I got to the office, usually you would have to show your i.d, or room key to get a replacement. I told her what was going on, so she gave me another key. I told her my parents name of course. Then I ran back to the room, on my injured foot.
Well, guess what, after all of that, my parents saw a matinance guy on a golf cart and got his help. I wasted running on my hurt foot for nothing. It was wonderful, but now it is taken care of.
We then had ice cream on cones, after they had baths, and they went to bed. Tonight in my bath I was getting sad because it is realization that our vacation is coming to an end. We only have a few short days left with family and friends. Then we are heading back to lonely Colorado, where we hardly know anyone. The main reason we are there is Josh, and he is deployed. It just makes me want to cry thingking about it. In fact I did start, and stopped myself. I have to stay strong, I have to stay positive. I will have to find Farmers Markets, Parks, and Splash Parks to keep us busy. This will hopefully stop me from being reminded of the lonlieness.
I haven't been able to talk to Josh in 10 days. He said all of the phones have been down for a few days. It stinks. But, I have talked to him a few times on facebook chat in between those times. So, it is something I am hearing from him. Then, he sent me a very nice e-card the other day. I was finally able to read it today since Im still having problems with my yahoo account. I made a new account with someone else, and he gave me the link. That card made my day. Any time I'm sad and missing him, I will look back at the very sweet card he sent me. I love and miss him soo.. much!!!!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment