DAY 100- (JUNE 25TH 2010)
It has been 100 days that I have not seen my husband, and 15 days, that I have not been able to hear his voice, because of the phone lines being down. During our about 25 day vacation, I was only able to talk to him 2 times. It makes it quite difficult. But, it wasn't as difficult since we had my mom and dad, and then other friends and family to visit. It made our days go by fast.
Now is different. We are back home. We don't have many people here. The time that I don't get to talk to him is going to seem like forever.
Today, after only 2 hours of sleep, we had to wake up at 3:00 a.m, in order to catch a 6 a.m flight. We were suppose to wake up at 2:30 a.m, but our alarm never went off. Thankfully my mom woke up for no reason at 3 a.m. If she wouldn't have done this, then we wouldn't have woken up, and would have missed our flight. We all then had to get ready and head to the airport.
First it was loading the car. We had 3 big bags, and 4 carry on bags, with 6 people to fit in one SUV. As you can imagine, it didn't go quite well. At 4:15 a.m this morning, when we were suppose to already be at the airport, my dad was attaching one of the big luggage on top of the car. It was just lovely. I was nervous almost the whole trip up, afraid it was going to fall off. Thankfully we made it to the airport safely.
Of course when we arrived at the airport, I was stressed, we were late, and only had 1 hour until the plane left. That is not including time to load the plane. So, we went to get our boarding passes, and check in the suitcases. Of coures, this had to be stress full too. One of the three suitcases were 12lbs over weight. ACK! Seriously??? So, thankfully the lady at the counter saved a suitcase aside to move stuff over. But, that one was only 2lbs below the weight! I was like, do we even have time to do this, (at this point it was of course less then an hour until the plane left) she said we did, and was nice. Well, the other suitcase that was under, and we were trying to move stuff over, the zipper pull broke. And then I couldn't quite get enough over there, to not have to pay the 75 dollars extra for going over. Then I thought, I had a little suitcase of Elizabeth's inside the big one with her clothes packed in it. This was used for our mini vacations. I asked if I could pull that out, and check it it. She said I could. Problem solved. Then I had to just pick up clothes and toss them in the other suitcase which now weighed less.
Then, my dad asked if he could go to the gate with me to help me out. Since I had the three kids. She said it was okay since I was the only adult. Before we went to security check, it was time to say goodbye for now to my mom. That was sad, I hugged my mom, and had to go back and hug her again. I really didn't want to leave. I was sad.
My dad then walked to the security check with us. He must not have heard me when I told him that my laptop was in the bag he had, and I was so busy and stressed, I didn't realize he didn't take it out of the bag. I asked the lady in charge of checking everything if we were good to go, and she said no because of that. It was a pain. Shoes and carry on bags, 2 adults, 3 kids, ack!
We finally arrive at our gate, as everyone was lining up to get on. I went up to the counter to tell them I needed to gate check my stroller, and he said I could line up and get on. That is because I have a child under 5. We were then on our way, out of Washington. It was so sad. Thankfully we had nice people sitting by us. Our seats were, window seat then middle seat, someone on the aisle on both sides, and same thing other side. So, the other adults were patient, and nice with the kids.
We arrived at the hot Denver airport, just enough time to go to the bathroom, and sit for a few minutes. Then they started boarding. Again, since I have one child under 5, we were able to go as one of the first. That is a quick fight, but has lots of turbulence. When we first boarded, up until we were taxing out, Elizabeth would not stop saying, "I'm Stupid, I hate myself, Your Stupid, and I hate you." I was so embarrassed. I tried everything, telling her it hurt my feelings, it was not nice words, etc., etc. This lasted a long while. They guy in front of her wanted to move because she was being so annoying, but he couldn't, we were taxing out, and since it was a short flight, we had to stay in our seats. Finally, I was asking her what she wanted for lunch, and she stopped. I wish I would have thought about that before.
Then when she was in her better mood, she was putting her hands up, and telling me to put my hands up, like it was a roller coaster, and going weeee. And also saying something about,"Yehaw, Cowboy", and telling me to say Yeehaw. She started being silly. Michael ws sitting a couple rows back, by the window. It was not a full flight like the first, and his brother ans sister were picking on him in either of the other seats. Johnathan did good, and only fussed a minute.
When we arrived at our airport we went to get the luggage. Thankfully, all the luggage was all out and we didn't have to wait. This nice lady, who is from out of state, and just was picking someone else up from the airport helped us. She helped pull the 3 big luggage's out. She said she just flew in the other day, and had lots of help by strangers, so she was paying it forward, to help me out. She gave me a hug before she left. Then our ride arrived, and we were on our way to our final destination, HOME!
I like my house, dog, car, etc. But yet, it is still not the place I want to be right now. If Josh was here it would be different, but he is not. And we just don't know many here. When we arrived back at the house we brought our luggage in, then wen to get our dog next door. He looks different, more muscle, and looks a little older. Later on in the day, we had some neighborhood boys looking for Michael. They rang the doorbell, I told my kid's don't answer the door. Guess what, Elizabeth did, and there went Luke. All over our court. I was calling him, he would run. I would try grabbing his collar, he would run. He was starting to run past our court, and further away, when thankfully our neighbor who had just watched him came out. She called him, he came. How embarrassing, I had done that a few times before. But, I was glad she came out to help, or else who knows how far I would have been chasing him.
We also had to go get food tonight at Walmart. My mom had sent chili in a can for lucnh, and potatoes so we could put the chicken noodle that she sent over them. We had no food in the house since we were gone a month, so it was nice she sent those in our suitcase. We arrived home today from our trip at noon, I waited until almost 7 to go get food. That is because since we had flown only 2 hours sleep, we caught up on some after. Well, I only had a two hour nap today. The kids slept for longer.
Since I'm working on a total of only 4 hours sleep today, 2 from 1-3 a.m, then 2 from 1-3 p.m, and it is now 12:39 a.m the next day, I think I need to get off and head to bed. It is sad being back here away from my parents and everyone. I think it will hit us more tomorrow. Even though, I had to stop myself from crying a few times today. The kids need to see me being a strong mom for them, and being the example.
I will be dreaming about Josh tonight, and hearing the sound of his voice. I think this it he longest time ever, out of 3 previous deployments that I have not been able to hear his voice from the phones being out.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Hang in there!
ReplyDelete