My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I wanted to Hold on to him and Never Let Him Go.....


DAY 1- First off, I just wanted to wish my husband a HAPPY 27TH BIRTHDAY. He finally caught up to me in age, I'm 3 and a half months older then him lol.
Well, last night I didn't want to go to bed knowing what the morning would bring. I didn't even want to put the kids to bed last night, knowing that was step closer to morning. Before the kids were put to bed, I had Josh say our Family Prayer, sitting down as a family in the boys room. After the kids got in bed, and I was tucking them in I couldn't help but tear up. I didn't want the morning to come. Josh saw me and asked me if everything was okay. I said it was, he said "It doesn't look like it to me". I really wasn't okay. I never wanted this day to happen. I couldn't fall asleep last night. I just kept on touching Josh's arm, or back.
2 years 8 months ago, when Josh arrived home from his 3rd deployment, I was hoping and Praying we wouldn't have to go through this again, another deployment. We said our goodbyes to Josh for a 4th time at 10:00 this morning. I just really wanted to hold him and not let him go. My heart is broken, I told him he better take care of my heart when he is in Iraq because he is taking it with him, right in his pocket. He probably thought I was crazy, but I really do feel like that. In the car on the way to Fort we were talking. He told me I'm going to be okay, I was like I know but It's more then that. He said, your going to be okay. But I told him it was even more then that. It's the fact that I have to be seperated from my husband yet again. He told me that he would be home for our Anniversary which is September 29th (it will be 9 years) but I told him that just seems so far away, especially since I have to get through spring break, and then summer. In that it will feel like years. Now all I can do right now is take each day at a time. I'm going to miss the little things like hugging him, putting my foot on him when we sleep to know he is there, and our time after the kids go to bed to watch t.v. I don't think that Elizabeth realized that daddy was leaving because she was ready to go to school, Michael didn't want to go to school, but I know they need the extra support besides me. Michael was crying, it was so sad, he is old enough now to realize daddy wont be home tonight, or any night for that matter the next 6 months. He kept on saying, "I don't want daddy to go", Johnathan didn't realize Josh was leaving either. So his reaction these next few days will be interesting. Leaving Fort Carson to come home to make the kids lunches and write their notes seemed like it took FOREVER to get off Fort. Then off Fort we got stuck by a long train. I just wanted to be home, and I wanted the never ending train to away. Now that I'm in tears, I'm going to end this for now with, We miss you already Josh, just be safe, it is not a goodbye, just a Farewell, until September.....

3 comments:

  1. I like that...it's not goodbye just a farewell. So true, it's just a see you later! Stay strong and know that there are so many of us who understand and are here for you to vent to, ask for help, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, I really appreciate your comment.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you and your family!!! I hope that you will be able to stay busy and the 6 months will fly by! Best of luck to you and your family!!!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.