DAY 4- Each day is getting a little easier, even though I'm still lonely without Josh. I have not shed a tear since Friday, but when I have a chance to think that he is not going to be home for awhile, my heart aches. I do really miss him. And if feels like I just really need someone to wake me up from this nightmare, my husband cannot be gone from us for a 4th time.
I try to keep the kids and I busy so were not thinking about him being gone to much. Yesterday I took Johnathan, and the other two kids to ChuckE Cheese. They really enjoyed it. We were gone for about 2 and a half hours. We started of eating our pizza (thanks to a coupon we had for pizza and 30 game tokens for 19.99, the total came to 21.00 with tax). The 30 game tokes were enough for the kids, and then entering Johnathan got 3 more tokens for it being his birthday. So each kid had 11 tokens. After we ate our pizza then I let them each use their tokens. Michael and Elizabeth were good, but Johnathan every time I would put a token in for Elizabeth lil' man would run off. Thankfully he wouldn't go to far and would try to take over someone elses game around us. Then it was time for them to play on the indoor playground. It was then easy for me to get them to leave because all I had to say was you want cake and ice cream when we get home. And they were ready to go. Thankfully they were better then I though they would be, because mommy was out numbered. 3 kids against one mommy!
When we got home I hurried and wrapped Johnathans three presents. I had plates, hats, cups, napkins, and a tablecloth for the table. We then had our cake and ice cream, I was able to take a ton of pictures. I hope that Josh is able to see them on my facebook. I could not find a lighter anywhere around the house to save me, I checked everywhere. So, Johnathan didn't know and still "blew out his candles". I know if I ask Josh where a lighter is, he would probably name off some obvious place, where I will be like oh yeah, I should have known. After cake then he opened his presents, even though he was with me the other day when I bought them. He was still excited. Then it was bathtime, Johnathan was a chocolate mess. After bath we did our nightly Prayer, and the kids were off to bed.
Finally, mommy was able to have my mommy time. Excepts I spent it uploading pictures to the computer. So, I will tonight watch the show that I have been wanting to watch on t.v. When I went to bed I kept myself up a lot by coughing, and then I was able to get a little sleep.
Josh also called me this morning, around 8:48 a.m, we only got to talk about 10 minutes. He said they had just arrived the night before. He was on his way to get dinner. It had been 2 days since I last heard from him. I have to get use to this again, not being able to see, and talk to my husband every day. I have to wait probably a few more days until I talk to him again, maybe sooner if I'm lucky. It is really hard, not hearing the sound of his voice or being able to hug and see my husband. I'm starting to tear up, so I have to stop myself from thinking about it.
The kids and I went to Church today. Thanks to my friend that I met at Bible Study, she saved a seat for me. I really appreciated that. I didn't think being at Church service though would be so hard for me. I kept on watching the doors, a part of me was hoping Josh would walk in after the music was over, because he was at service the last two weeks, and that is what he would do. It was also sad seeing all the couples together. I just hope that these next few months until he comes home on leave goes by fast, I cannot wait until I can have him in my arms again.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Something I do with the boys when we are at the park is ask them, "Do you want to leave now or in 5 minutes?" Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It just gives them a heads up that we are leaving and it makes them feel a little more in charge of it.
ReplyDelete-Nina
Thank you for the advice. When I go to the park or somewhere, I also like to set the time on my phone, they I will warn them, how much time they have left. I will try your idea next time.
ReplyDelete~Alicia