What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Friday, March 12, 2010
Quit playing games with my heart-
When is get's closer and closer to the "D" word, dates are always changing. We went from one day, knowing that since our family found out about the "D" word the day Josh checked into Fort Carson, 2 months ago. To then the begining of the week moving up a day, and then yesterday moving back two days. It is awesome news that now we have two extra days to spend with Josh. But then, you can't count on that either. As much as a deployment changes. We will just have to continue cherishing every day with him as it is his last one before he deploys. At this rate it is scary to think that he will go to work one day, and then they tell him that he is deploying the next. He is not even home for the night and the date could have even change. I just wish it would quit playing games with my heart. I like to have an idea of the day he is leaving, that way you can prepare for the "D" word. This is the point where I just start to put a little bit of a block on my emotion's so that I don't take it as a huge shock that they then move the "D" word up three days. I will definately be appreciative of the extra couple days, not only spending time with him. It also gives him more days to pick out what he wants to have for dinner. The foods that he likes since he will be eating not so great meals the next few months. Now it's time to let the count down mode begin again. Hopefully the date doesn't change to where he is leaving sooner, again. All it does is play games with my heart not knowing is this the official day he is leaving?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
I can imagine the limbo you are going through it so frustrating. Hopefully you get a few moments before he goes where it isn't a constant reminder that he is leaving. Just a minute or two would probably be nice.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you on the forum.
Little T- It was really hard no knowing the exact day, and it changing so much. It just ended up going back on the original day we found out from the start. Hopefully this deployment goes by fast.
ReplyDelete~Alicia