We were able to have a BBQ with one of Josh's friends and his family that he works with yesterday. It was nice being able to talk to a wife that her husband is going to be leaving the same time as mine. I think it is truly hard for someone to understand the position of a military wife, unless you are going through the situation. As much as I love those who are not military wives talking to me, I do appreciate it. Sometimes (not all the time, :) ) I like to be around someone whos husband is not home. Just as if I were not a Military Wife, there is no way I could understand what this life is like. Just as I read in another post, and it reminded me. My husband is not only married to me, and hard as it is to hear, he is married to the Army also. It doesn't matter what time of day, or even if it is in the middle of the night. If someone from his platoon calls for him he has to go. It doesn't even matter if we are watching a movie, or having a nice meal. When they call he has no choice to go. Which reminds me of a week ago, Josh and I were sitting down to spend time together and had just ordered a movie off from ComCast On Demand. Right then he got a call. So he ended up having to leave for a couple hours. We had the movie for 2 days, but completly forgot about it,so that was a waste of $4.99. So now, the Army, who he is married to, has called him for his deployment. And he has no choice but to go. He has to be there for his guys. Even though a part of me says, we need you here too. At least now I have met some one here who is going through the same situation. And of course the date keeps on changing also, even though I'm not allowed to tell the date because of OPSEC, it has been moved up a day again, ahhhhh, and now is on the original day that we found out 2 months ago when he checked into Fort. That is the hard thing, just as in my blog before when we got the new date, I knew it could change, and it did. I hope it doesn't move up anymore.
We were able to have more family time tonight, Michael had his 2nd grade program tonight and Josh was able to go that. I was happy we were able to go as a family. Even though we have lived here 3 months, this was the first time that Josh had even seen where the kids go to school. At least he knows now for when he is gone. As the days get closer and closer for him being gone, and they are not even close to slowing down, the losing and hour didn't help us much, I really just wish I could say, "no, you can't go, we need you here"!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Monday, March 15, 2010
making new friends, and counting down the days.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Alicia, thank you for starting your blog. It has and is helping me (and I am sure others) to understand what the spouse of a military person goes through and feels when the "D" word comes around. I am sooooo glad that you have met another military wife that you can relate to. I love you, Aunt Vades
ReplyDeleteAunt Vades- I also got lucky and not only met that Military wife, but also have one next door who's husband is deployed.
ReplyDelete~Alicia