I was nice and asked March to slow down. Int stead this month decided to speed up. I wish that I could pull out my own magic wand slow the month down. It stinks to think my husband is going away soon for an entire year, and will miss so much of our lives here at home. I try not to think of it to much, or it just makes me sad. So, my mind wonders and I think about things that will happen when he is gone, writing books, keeping the kids busy, a luncheon and conference, but yet again, I have to stop myself. I don't want to think of things that are happening when he is gone, I want to cherish every last moment that I have with him when he is here.
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to to be married to my husband for as long as we have been, 8 years, and have him here all the time. Instead of the every other year deployment cycle. And being gone half of our marriage. Yes, we were suppose to have 2 years, that he was non-deploy able and worked for the WTU in Maryland. But that ended up only turning into a year and a half together. Not much more then what the deployment cycle would would be.
It is an interesting experience when your separated from your spouse for an extended period of time, and when they return, it's like getting to know a new person. Imagine that time's three, soon to be four times. Sometimes your not able to talk but maybe once a week during a deployment because of him being on mission. (Some soldiers who are lucky, and are at base camp most of the time can call more often). You learn to cherish every call you get not knowing when the next one will be. This will be something I have to get use to again, and fast. Instead of waking up every morning to make my husbands lunch, and kiss him goodbye (and then go back to bed until the kids need to be up), and then being there greeting him at the door when he arrives home. Also having the chance to see him after work, and on the weekends. I'm going to cherish these next few days, and carry these moment in my heart when he is gone...
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment