My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm a Soccer Mom now, wait no, a Wrestling Mom, actually I'm both...

DAY 13-

I just wanted to start out by thanking all of you that have said kind words to me, not only in my comments, but on my facebook also. It really does mean a lot to me. I also started a new page on facebook called The "D" Word. It is a place for those who have a loved one that are deployed, or just want to support those that have loved ones deployed can go and tell their best and worst of times. We are all in this deployment cycle together, no matter what branch of service your loved one is in. We are all having to deal with our loved ones being away from us.

Today was a crazy day for me, one of those that I really just needed my husband here to help me out. But he wasn't and so I had to deal with it myself. It felt that every time I was turning around something was happening. My daughter was throwing up some, but you could tell it was because her stomach was empty and she needed to eat. And then my youngest son was spilling milk and cereal everywhere. It really felt like I was going back and forth between the two. Between this time I had to make sure that they were all three ready for school and lunches were made. Well, I wanted to keep my daughter home to let her rest some. But she was just wanting to see her teacher. I knew that she would not be making anyone else sick, she was just hungry and needed to eat. So, I walked the oldest two to the bus stop. Their bus comes at 8:06, I then had to rush back to the house by 8:14, carrying my 36lb son back to the house to make it back in time for his bus (thankfully it wasn't to far, but far enough).

Today was Johnathans first time ever riding the bus. It was a little hard sending my three year old away on the bus. Having my children start school at the same time, in opposite directions, it had to be done. He really liked riding the bus, and was really excited. Mommy of course got tons of pictures.

Then it was time for Mommy to go inside and call transportation in order to arrange for my friend to get Johnathan from the bus stop. I needed to take the other two to the dentist, and wasn't going to pay $75 dollars a piece for cancelling and not giving 24 hours notice. I was determined, because that would be grocery money right there. As I was looking up the phone number, I got a call on my cellphone. It was the school, classes had not even yet begun for the day, and they were already calling me. Apparently, Elizabeth went straight to the office from the bus. So, I think I am the only one that has had to pick up a child before school even started. She did not want to leave, and was determined to see her teacher. I had to carry her to the car, she has to weigh around 50 something pounds. I was Praying and Praying that she would feel better, I just couldn't afford that cancellation fee. So, I brought her home, gave her tums, crackers, and sprite. I had her rest for about an hour and a half before going and picking Michael up. This entire time I kept on continuing to Pray, please let her get better, please don't have her throw up. I knew, mommy instict she was not sick, she just needed to eat because apparently she didn't like what mommy made the night before and threw it away. We took our half hour trip to the dentist, she was fine thankfully. She rested on the way there. This had been to a part of town I had never been to before. The dentist office was really nice and fancy. While there we ended up running into the person that referred us to the office, it was kind of funny. While Elizabeth was getting checked out I was still praying, please don't throw up in here, and I noticed, she was looking better. She did so well. The best behavior she has ever had at the dentist. So, the last time she was sick was at the house, and had no problems after that.

I then took Michael back to school, and was able to make it back to the house within a few minutes of Johnathan being dropped off from his bus. Thankfully my friend was there to pick him up. I really appreciated her helping me out.

My closet door and underneath my upstairs bathroom sink was finally fixed tonight. I called last week, and they finally came. That was a big relief off my shoulders. Thankfully, that is a good reason to rent while my husband is gone. If something goes wrong, it can be fixed.

Michael also had his first soccer practice for the season tonight. Johnathan and Elizabeth played on the playground while Michael practiced. It is something to keep us busy now, on Tuesdays and Thursdays for Practice, and some Saturday games. Michael will also be starting wrestling on Thursdays. Today I asked him, are you sure that you would be ready to leave right now and head to wrestling, and he said he would be, so we will see how it goes. He loves them both. And wants to do them both. It is just a great thing to keep him busy while his daddy is gone,since he is the one that notices daddy is gone the most.

The kids and I get to do something exciting on April 12th, we are getting the chance to go see a play at a local theater. This is going to be a lot of fun for us, they get to go in their pajamas, do fun activites an hour before, and cookies and milk after. They do not know yet because they are sleeping, but I will tell them in the morning, and they will be so excited!

We are just continuing to stay busy, so the time passes while Josh is away from us.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Alicia, I just got caught up on about 5 of your posts. I am all worn out following you and the kids around. God has given you the strength you need to keep up with all you need to do while Josh is gone. That is why one of my favorite scripture verses is "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me". It is so comforting to know that Jesus is within us to meet our every need the moment we have a need as long as we call out to Him the moment that need arises. I know how easy it is for things to overwhelm us if we don't keep a close watch and hold on tight to our Lord and Savior. That is why it is so important to make it a habit to pray without ceasing. Constantly talking to Jesus within our hearts and minds is a win win situation that opens the door for God to work all things together for good. I love you and I am proud of you, Aunt Vades

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the link to the facebook page, I'll go join it!

    Sorry about the rough day! I know what you mean about it being one of those days that you just need your husband there to help...sucks having them away doesn't it :( Oh well, today is done so it's one day closer to them coming home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gesh...when it rains, it pours doesn't it! Especially when our men are gone. It sounds like your one tough cookie though. But then again, we have to be, we don't have a choice do we?

    I'll have to find your FB page. My husband is also deployed. What a great idea! I love how all the branches of the military wives are here to support one another. It's so great!

    I also have a deployment blog, you should check it out....Goodnight moon!

    I'm now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Vades- This week has gone by so much faster then last week, in jusst a blink of an eye it feels like. There is lot's of Praying going on here, especially at night when we Pray for Josh's safety, and letting him know how much we love and miss him, and the strength for mommy and patience to raise three kids.

    Ashleigh- It was a very hard day, I made it through it knowing that it is another day closer to seeing my husband.

    Amber- I'm glad you found me here. How long has your husband been deployed? I tried finding your blog, but had trouble. Good luck with everything.

    Everyone, I hope this works, it is to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-D-Word/106723552694166?ref=mf

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.