DAY 7-
After Day 5, and the day going by to fast, yesterday went by way to slow. I just need a day that is in between that. I guess that is today. It is going by at just the right pace.
Last night it started to snow. Seriously, I was in no mood to see snow. The kids are on spring break, not winter break. It was snowing hard also, and windy. I let the kids play in the snow today for a half an hour, because that was about all mommy could handle out in the cold. They all seemed fine though because they had on snow suits, thick jackets, boots, gloves and snow gloves. I would check every so often to see how much longer I had to be out with them on my phone timer. I took pictures of them making their snowmen, and snow angels. After we came inside I ran outside to the side of the house to start Josh's truck for a few minutes. Come to find out his keys were in the glove box the entire time. That was just a hard day for me last week, and so I completely forgot where they were. I decided that Wednesdays would be the day for me to start his truck up, since that was the day that he pulled it in beside the house.
Josh did start our day off great though. He called this morning, we were on the phone with him for 18 minutes. It had been 3 days since he called. The kids also got the chance to talk to daddy, the first time they spoke with him since he left last Thursday. I asked Michael what daddy had said, Michael said, "daddy said to ask you to take us outside." I don't know how true that is, or that is how Michael was getting me to take them outside. Josh must have attempted to call last night because he said the phones were down. Josh also said that some guys are calling their wives every day. He said that will burn the wives and soldiers out talking that much, and it will be hard for them to concentrate on their job. I was like, well, they just love their wives, he was like I love mine too. I think that was his round about way of telling me why he doesn't call that often. I was like you just like to leave your wife guessing, as if it is a mystery of, when is my husband going to call me again. After the kids talked to Josh their behavior was so much better then it has been. Not fighting, back talking, or temper tantrums, some of these but not as much as it has been.
Yesterday was also a crazy day for me, not only did my hair straightner thing break, but then I opened the boys closet door and that completely came off. I tried my best to get it back on but couldn't. So I called the place that we are renting from to put a work order in on that, and then the leaking faucet upstairs in the kids bathroom. I left a message with somebody, and they were suppose to return my call. I'm a little upset to say they never called me back. Oh, and then I ended the day with the rubber seal on my washer started coming off, along with the wire that keeps it in. I was like okay, I'm not going to deal with this right now, I will deal with it in the morning. And I'm proud to say, somehow I got that fixed. Yay for me. Because I really don't know what I would have done if I didn't.
Night time is still taking some time to adjust to. I'm still a little lonely without him here to spend the time with. I have also been having problems falling asleep. It is nearly impossible, I guess I just don't like sleeping alone in our bed. I have let the dog sleep on the bed, but then after about a half an hour he jumps off.
Oh, how could I almost forget. I have something exciting to say. From the end of May to middle of June the kids and I are flying back to the place where Josh and them were born, and then taking a drive to where I was born. At least we have that to look forward to as soon as they get out of school for the summer. Until then, we will just continue to take one day at a time.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
One day at a time is the only way I am getting through but having things like your fun summer plans are a good distraction to daydream the time away too!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you and the kids got to talk to Josh. It is good that you understand their acting out is because their daddy is gone and they don't know how else to express what they are feeling and thinking. The best thing for you would to be to sit down with them when it happens and tell them you know it is hard for them just to help them through their feelings. Of course their age makes a difference so I would talk to them separate when they start acting up. They just need extra hugs from you right now. This will work for you and them. It is far better than punishing them for their outbursts. Love you, Aunt Vades
ReplyDeleteyou'll be in the Pacific NW - yeah. Hopefully we can see you and give you a big hug.
ReplyDeleteExpat Girl- It makes it really hard if you think about the big picture that your going to be with out your loved one for such and such long. I just like to make it where we have plans for the next day, and then know of upcoming plans for the future. Is your loved one deployed?
ReplyDeleteAunt Vades- I was so happy when Josh asked to talk to them. I never know how long he has on the phone to talk. Sometimes it is hard to understand that they are acting out because of daddy being gone, but I have to take a deep breath and step back. I will have to take a few moments and talk to them tomorrow. Hugs are always nice to give, and get from them also.
Aunt Karen- yes we will be in the great Pacific Northwest for about 2 weeks then end of May. It has been a year and a half since I have been back, and 2 years for the kids. It will be their first plane flight ever!
~Alicia
Hi Alicia, I don't know if you remember me but I went to high school with you and Josh at SLHS. My name was Kari Correa I found your blog by chance through Rachel's blog and Katie's blog. You and Josh probably dont remember me but you may recognized my brother's name Isaac. Anyhow...I am a military wife too. My Hubby is USAF. I feel your heartache. I am praying for you and the family. Take care of you and God will take care of him too.
ReplyDeleteKickin'Kari- glad you found me here. It is always neat when you find someone you went to school with, especially by chance. That is really neat that your an Air Force Wife. Thank you for the nice comment, I really appreciate it.
ReplyDelete~Alicia