What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Wish I could freeze this day...
Right now I'm trying to avoid thinking about all the emotions help up inside. It is getting tougher and tougher knowing what is shortly ahead. I have to stay strong, for the kids and Josh. We kept the kids home from school today knowing that it would be a last full day with their dad because of them being in school They are already having a tough time. They know daddy is leaving soon. Michael keeps on saying, "I wish daddy didn't have to go". And Elizabeth is always asking, "where is daddy" when he is not around. I keep on having to nicely say to them, and explain that daddy is going far away, it will be a few months until you can see him again. That is so hard for a mother to tell her children, that you cannot be around your dad, we don't have the choice, and you will not have the choice to go and visit him while he is gone. It is just to much hard information to take in for such young children. Some dads are leaving maybe about 6 months after their children's birthday, so yet they are missing their next birthday. But they will be back halfway before the birthday after that. Josh is basically missing an entire year of their age, because of leaving shortly before their birthdays. This is a very difficult day for me, but not as difficult as the one to come soon. I'm trying to get as many pictures as I can of him, so we have those to hold on to, at least until he comes home for his R and R, his leave halfway in between. Please just continue to keep our family in your thoughts, it is a difficult thing to have my husband leave not only for a year, but it being his 4th time. We are just going to spend as much time possible with him today, and enjoy every last minute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Alicia, I am sending lots and lots of hugs your way. Love you, Aunt Vades
ReplyDeleteAunt Vades- Thank you I appreciate it. The kids and I send them right back your way too, :)
ReplyDelete~Alicia