My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Making the most of family memories

As the days continue to fly by, and now I can say to the kids, this day next week daddy will not be with us, we are contiuing to make family memories until he leaves. Yesterday Josh, the 3 kids and I went to Red Lobster for dinner. It was a Birthday/Farewell dinner. A farewell dinner because even though we know of this one day he is leaving, it could happen that he leaves any day before then. We had a great time as a family. The kids got to wear their new little outfits. Elizabeth wore a dress, as did I. And the boys wore nice shirts with ties, as well as Josh. We got pictures so that we can remember this family dinner while he is gone. We don't get to go out to family dinners that often having the three children. It get's to expensive after adding everything up. So this was a special occasion for us. The waitress asked Josh if it was for a special occasion because we were all dressed up. He said "not really a special occasion, I'm deploying soon." I added, it is for his birthday to because he won't be here for his birthday.
We did have about three cars that wanted to kiss our car on the trip there and back. They wanted to turn in the lane while our car was there. Great for people not really paying attention. But we did make it safely to and from the restauraunt.
When we got home we had the kids take of their nice clothes and put on their pajamas, then we watched the movie G-FORCE it think it is. It was a great family time, a time for me and the kids to remember and cherish in our heart until we are able to see Josh again in the next few months when he comes home for leave. As we are yet another day closer to him leaving, we are just contiuing to enjoy every day that we have with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.