DAY 3- I just wanted to start off with,
HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY JOHNATHAN!!!!
3 years ago today we were in the middle of a deployment, and Josh had came home on his leave for the birth of our son, one week into his leave, and one week before he had to return to Iraq, our baby boy was born. And yet were here again with him deployed.
The adjustment period with out Josh sucks!!!! Yesterday was a hard day being the first full day with out him, and a combination of him being gone, me being sick, and the snow when it should be sunny out! It was great seeing Elizabeth get her awards, but after that just being home, bummed me out. (Like I said above probably a combination of all those, not depression, because I'm better today). I took an hour nap on the couch,with Johnathan lying on my back, and then him lying beside me stealing my blanket. That nap really didn't help me any, I have this miserable cold, or whatever it might be, I have junk in my lungs if that is what you want to call it. I think I'm finally feeling a little better today, and I think, or at least hope that my voice is getting better. I wasn't feeling like standing out in the cold weather being sick, so I even drove to the bus stop, and back home. I know lazy, oh well. After the kids came home from school, we cleaned the house up some, ate dinner. And then Michael has been bugging me about a Pajama Party. Well, for them they watched a movie in their Pajamas. I started the movie early, at 5:30 p.m, so by the time it finished I would still be able to get them in bed by 8, and I could have my time. I worked on my college work while they watched the movie. They picked out the movie Cars, because they haven't see in in awhile. After that it was bed time. We did our family Prayer and Prayed for the safety of Josh, and the other soldiers, and to let Josh know how much we love and miss him. Then Michael added in during his time to Prayer, "To keep my dad safe from all the bad guys." It is sad, no child should have to Pray for that. Michael also drew a picture for his daddy when we get the address, he drew a scene with a bunch of Army people fighting. He wrote on the good guys head good, and the bad guys head bad. It has a helicopter, tanks and other Army Vehicles in it.
After putting them to bed it was finally mommy time. Except when I closed the bedrooms doors and looked down on the couch where Josh usually would be sitting, my heart just ached. I enjoyed our spending time together every night at I miss it. Apparently to our dog, I don't get my mommy time downstairs since Josh isn't here. For the last two nights when I try and watch my show I put on the DVR, Luke, want's to freak out like someone is breaking in. Thanks to the wind, and the flag shaking outside. I looked both time and everything was okay. I'm really not that scared, but cautios in this neighbohood. Still, it creeped me out enough, and to get him upstaris where he was not hearing it that easily, we went upstairs. Tonight I'm staying down here no matter what, he will not ruin my time tonight.
Today we were going to go to this Easter thing on Fort, but because of all the snow on the ground I changed my mind. Were going to ChuckE Cheese in a little bit. Were just going to try and enjoy the day as much as we can since it is Johnathans 3rd Birthday. Unfortanetly time doesn't freeze while Josh is gone. As much as it stinks that he can't enjoy these moments with us, I have to continue on, and make the most of these moments for the children. I hope they see how hard mommy tries to make their moments as fun as possible without their daddy when then they get older. They are missing daddy, Michael is still saying I wish daddy didn't have to go, I miss him. And Elizabeth is still asking when daddy will be home. I tell her daddy is going to be gone for a few months, she doesn't understand that, she asked "Will daddy be home tomorrow?". I tell her no it's going to be longer then that. Josh is right in our hearts as we continue on through out our days with out him. We miss him a lot.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
I tend to get sick the same day or day after My husband leaves. I wonder if it is from the stress of knowing he is leaving and then when it finally happens our body "gives in" and the cold or what ever it is hits.
ReplyDeleteBut take lots of pictures and talk about him a lot. The time will fly by for them. I recall as a child when my father would be gone (airforce) I actually don't remember the time he was away I just remember the homecomings. You all will do great I am sure.
Little T- I have a feeling the sickness is related to the stress of my husband being gone. My body just doesn't want to kick it away. Thank you also for the great advice, I really appreciate it.
ReplyDelete~Alicia