DAY 12-
We started off the day with a bus showing up in front of our house, stopping and then honking. The bus that my 3 year old son is suppose to take to school every day, but I had no one contact me with a time. So, I sent them away. I was taking my son to his first day of school not them. I hadn't even met the teacher yet, or hadn't a clue where my son's classroom was at. Thanks to nobody contacting me. So, they were not taking him to school. Tomorrow will be his first day riding the bus. I took lots of pictures today of his first day. To bad daddy had to miss out. The teacher said he had a great day, just hopefully it continues on that way. When we were trying to leave he was trying to run from me, and then he sat on my foot, and apparently wanted me to walk that way. So, I ended up having to carry my 36lb. son to the car.
Today things returned to somewhat of a normal schedule. Johnathan started school, and then Michael and Elizabeth returned from Spring Break. Mommy had 3 hours to herself though. I went to the PX, and bought their Easter Stuff, and then I have my other two children's birthdays in April and May, so I also did that shopping. I don't really like going on Fort anymore since Josh is gone. Makes me miss my Soldier seeing other soldiers in uniform. And I don't like being stared at when I'm at a red light. That is when my left hand goes up, showing my ring on my finger, with my head leaning on my hand so they can't see my face. I was "taken" 8 years ago, right after High School, so I don't need anybody else starring at me. Plus it's like do you see this nice big SUV, well, umm my husband is buying that, and umm, how do you like those two booster seats, and one car seat in the back, yeah that is right, keep on looking forward. THANK YOU!
So, I barely made it to pick up Johnathan from his first day of Preschool. I had one minute to spare before the teacher opened the door. After leaving the PX, I stopped and got some gas, thinking I had plenty of time. But then I hit every single red light. I think I was about to have a heart attack trying to get there on time.
It was nice having the kids in school, and back to a quiet house for a little bit. When Elizabeth got off the bus she was asking if daddy was home. She is use to before Spring Break when daddy would sometimes be home early, or home not long after them. Tonight when she went to bed, she was talking about how daddy is at work, but doesn't understand why we can't go and visit him. It was so sad.
It was hard to since today, was back to somewhat of a normal schedule with the kids in school. Usually Josh would be coming home about 1-2 hours later. So, a part of me was waiting for him to come home. It's like I'm going to have to get use to him being gone all over again, since last week was not normal schedule for us.
On a very happy thought, I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, lol, I got to talk to him for 12 minutes and 29 seconds. Every second counts when I talk to my hubby. It had been 5 long days since I last heard his voice. It was so nice, but I still really wish that I could have him here with me instead of only being able to talk to him on the phone. I'm just going to keep on trying to stay busy, until I talk to him again...
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
I'm glad the kids are back in school. Maybe you will get some time to yourself. I spoke about you in a post I just published. Well I didn't use your name - I hope it's ok. I meant everything that I wrote.
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is too little to understand right now what her dad is doing but someday she will understand how brave he is - Hang in there.
Aw, it's always a tear-jerker when the babies start school!
ReplyDeleteI was trying to find your email so I could reply to your comment on my blog but it's not listed on your profile so I just wanted to say THANK YOU for offering your support. It's definitely hard to be separated from my husband while I'm pregnant, especially knowing he won't be here for the birth and first nine months. But it's good to know there are other military wives out there who know what I'm going through. Thanks for the support!